• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Fox News Says

I can attest to this. My family only gets together two or three times per year. The worst is when my mom puts on Fox News almost as if to “show us the light” when grand kids or us (her kids) are over despite knowing we don’t like it. It’s bizarre and saddening behavior to the point where I had to ask her to not have it on when we are over and to be with the family. it’s her choice, but also Fox News, especially the nightly con folk bigots like Carlson and Pirro, are the worst.

I can attest to this. My family only gets together two or three times per year. The worst is when my mom puts on Fox News almost as if to “show us the light” when grand kids or us (her kids) are over despite knowing we don’t like it. It’s bizarre and saddening behavior to the point where I had to ask her to not have it on when we are over and to be with the family. it’s her choice, but also Fox News, especially the nightly con folk bigots like Carlson and Pirro, are the worst.

My parents (who are in their seventies) and relatives back home play Fox News most of the day whenever I'm visiting, with (for my parents) some detours into Fox Business, and retro channels like MeTV and Starz Westerns. It's not too bad during the day, as Chris Wallace and Shepard Smith are usually decent - as you said, it's Fox's nighttime lineup that is by far the worst. With all the retro TV shows I sometimes feel like I'm stuck in a 50s/60s/70s time warp, which I guess is the intent. I just don't talk politics much with them anymore - they've been great parents, and I'd prefer not to get into arguments, so I usually just do my own thing whenever I'm there and let it go.

My parents (who are in their seventies) and relatives back home play Fox News most of the day whenever I'm visiting, with (for my parents) some detours into Fox Business, and retro channels like MeTV and Starz Westerns. It's not too bad during the day, as Chris Wallace and Shepard Smith are usually decent - as you said, it's Fox's nighttime lineup that is by far the worst. With all the retro TV shows I sometimes feel like I'm stuck in a 50s/60s/70s time warp, which I guess is the intent. I just don't talk politics much with them anymore - they've been great parents, and I'd prefer not to get into arguments, so I usually just do my own thing whenever I'm there and let it go.

It has been the opposite for my mom. Trump literally killed the conservative in her. You rarely see someone become more socially liberal as they venture into their late 60's, but the aversion that she has for anything associated with Trump have made her evaluate and expand her views on most, if not all, of the hot button social issues. It all stems from the fact that she is a devout evangelical, and can't fathom how any Christian could favor Trump.

Last edited:
I saw one of those facebook chain posts recently from a former co-worker and diehard Trumpite. I can't remember the exact wording, but the basic gist was "It's a disgrace that Radical Muslims are now serving in the United States Congress - OUR Congress!"

I saw something similar about how in 10 years there will be more muslims than christians in America controlling our political landscape.

It's really telling that Fox's obsessive hatred and coverage of House Democrats no longer focuses nearly as much on Nancy Pelosi, nor does it focus on male or rural members of the House Democratic caucus, but instead their focus and bile is almost entirely aimed at the youngest, newest, and minority Democrats - women, Muslims, blacks, and Latinos, not to mention Millennials and urbanites. For the Fox News viewing base, that's the source of their fear and disdain for America's demographic future. AOC has become the symbol of everything Trumpites despise - she's an outspoken feminist, a forceful advocate of liberal economic views, from New York City, Latino, and a Millennial. If Fox can destroy or silence her, their viewers will be in ecstasies.

Last edited:
The House reflects their hopes and fears. They want an America like the House Republicans. The power lies with white men. The women are largely silenced. They fear an America like the House Democrats. The power is shared among people from all backgrounds.

They genuinely cannot mask the misogyny

Back