• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Fox News Says

We're now waist-deep in the worst political scandal/crisis since Watergate, two of Rudy's corrupt Ukrainian cronies were arrested trying to flee the country today, and multiple Republicans have been found to have taken money from them, and Trump has openly and brazenly sold out our longtime anti-ISIS Kurdish allies to a Turkish dictator for slaughter, yet Fox News is currently focusing big-time on - wait for it - Ellen's meeting with Dubya and the great divide that has caused in Hollywood, and how it all proves just how intolerant and horrible liberals are. They never fail to stick to the script, that's for sure.

This is infinitely worse than Watergate. This is about our democracy itself. It's about selling out the US to foreign adversaries. Watergate was about a POTUS gone wild and trying use bad henchmen to do it. This time POTUS is using our enemies.

On a scale of 1-10, Watergate was a 4. This is a 15.

Correct. But jesus I saw ellen with Dubya and thought "that's cool." And I hated Dubya. But these liberals condemning her are insufferable. Insufferable libs is how Hannity forms.

The problem was her self-righteous response to people reminding the world that Bush shouldn’t be graded on a Trump curve.

Correct. But jesus I saw ellen with Dubya and thought "that's cool." And I hated Dubya. But these liberals condemning her are insufferable. Insufferable libs is how Hannity forms.

But it’s got to be a tiny fraction of libs. The only teeth gnashing I’ve seen about that is from the right complaining about the left. Otherwise, not a single negative comment in my social media bubble about Ellen and W hanging

But it’s got to be a tiny fraction of libs. The only teeth gnashing I’ve seen about that is from the right complaining about the left. Otherwise, not a single negative comment in my social media bubble about Ellen and W hanging

Check Twitter.

Yeah. The LGBTQ crowd on my Facebook feed wasn’t too happy about it. There’s a huge generational difference between an older lesbian who made it acceptable and got paid and young people who are worried about losing their jobs and basic human rights because of people W put on the Court and who dealt with a lot of bullying in school during his administration.

Yeah. The LGBTQ crowd on my Facebook feed wasn’t too happy about it. There’s a huge generational difference between an older lesbian who made it acceptable and got paid and young people who are worried about losing their jobs and basic human rights because of people W put on the Court and who dealt with a lot of bullying in school during his administration.

Yep. The best response is James Baldwin’s quote:

“We can disagree and still love each other unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist.”

The Liberal Redneck guy made a great point that we don’t see conservatives up in arms giving GW, a Christian conservative former president who vehemently resisted the gay rights movement and fought against gay marriage, shit for sitting next to a lesbian and gay rights pioneer.

Yep. The best response is James Baldwin’s quote:

“We can disagree and still love each other unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist.”

I'll take the L on this. I got to tell you, I really didn't understand the outrage at Ellen. I certainly did not see any in my little corner of the internet, but that is anecdotal. I had forgotten GWB's less than stellar record on LGBT issues.

The Liberal Redneck guy made a great point that we don’t see conservatives up in arms giving GW, a Christian conservative former president who vehemently resisted the gay rights movement and fought against gay marriage, shit for sitting next to a lesbian and gay rights pioneer.

This is a good thing, no?

wait, we think that Ellen had an easier road than a 21 yr old lesbian comedian?

The problem with that argument is that some liberals giving Ellen shit on twitter about a meeting with Dubya (who was a horrible POTUS, btw) isn't remotely at the same level of newsworthy story as what is happening with Trump. Yet Fox yesterday had it as its top story on its website and had 4 to 5 articles about it. And the Trump impeachment hearings, the arrest of Rudy's "associates", and all the rest? It was somewhere way down the page. It's the classic deflection and whataboutism from Fox - Trump betrays our allies to dictators he has business dealings with, and is trying to get foreign governments to interfere in our election process, but hey - look at these liberals bitching about Ellen! Aren't they horrible! It's a joke.

ETA: I'm not saying that this tactic from Fox is surprising, but it is nonetheless worth noting just how ridiculous it is for a "news organization" to be reporting on this.

Last edited:
Remember, for at least fifteen years, Ellen was a successful stand-up comic and thought to be straight. Many of her bits were about her "boyfriends". If I'm not mistaken, she didn't come out until the late 90s.

The problem with that argument is that some liberals giving Ellen shit on twitter about a meeting with Dubya (who was a horrible POTUS, btw) isn't remotely at the same level of newsworthy story as what is happening with Trump. Yet Fox yesterday had it as its top story on its website and had 4 to 5 articles about it. And the Trump impeachment hearings, the arrest of Rudy's "associates", and all the rest? It was somewhere way down the page. It's the classic deflection and whataboutism from Fox - Trump betrays our allies to dictators he has business dealings with, and is trying to get foreign governments to interfere in our election process, but hey - look at these liberals bitching about Ellen! Aren't they horrible! It's a joke.

wonder what Jussie Smollett's up to

Remember, for at least fifteen years, Ellen was a successful stand-up comic and thought to be straight. Many of her bits were about her "boyfriends". If I'm not mistaken, she didn't come out until the late 90s.

not sure if you think this was a plus for her or a struggle

Yeah. But W would have gotten roasted on the right if he had gone public and given a holier than thou speech about getting along with LGBT rights people. And that ignores the fact the left isn’t trying to take away basic rights from the right like the right is doing to the left.

Yeah. But W would have gotten roasted on the right if he had gone public and given a holier than thou speech about getting along with LGBT rights people. And that ignores the fact the left isn’t trying to take away basic rights from the right like the right is doing to the left.

The right doesn't care about W. They're way past him at this point.

She had an easier road by hiding who she was. By the time she came out, she was already beloved and accepted as a person.

If the radically RW Supreme Court says a person can be fired or not hired for being LGBTQ, it will give the next Dem POTUS another arrow in his/her quiver to expand the Court.

The right doesn't care about W. They're way past him at this point.

Yep. They've got Trump now, and Dubya is old news and they don't care what he does, as long as he doesn't come out against Trump or criticize him publicly. I'm sure they would turn on him in an instant if that ever happened, which is why it won't. I almost never see or hear anything about him anymore from conservatives, at least not until this Ellen kerfuffle. I remember in the South Carolina GOP primary in 2016 when Trump openly slammed Bush and basically said he was a terrible president. There were a lot of gasps and shock from GOP media talking heads about how that was a fatal mistake by Trump, and would kill him in SC because the Bushes were so popular there. And, of course, Trump crushed Jeb and every other candidate and cruised to victory. They don't care about him anymore, as long as he doesn't take a stand against Dear Leader.

Back