• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

I think that's his standard speech ending song that he also used on the campaign trail, like "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" was for Obama.

Ha yeah because conservative rubes have never parroted something they heard on tv or read in an opinion piece.

Hell half of the Republican Party including the candidate parroted an entire Russian disinformation campaign for 12 straight months.

At least I repeated something legit.

Nice whataboutism.

What do Republicans think of John Oliver? Not Trump supporters. I'm not worried about them. Actual, educated Republicans. I'm probably a little bias, but when you look at guys like Jon Stewart, Colbert, Noah, and Oliver, it's really hard not to wonder why the Pub "equivalents" are complete nut jobs like Limbaugh, Hannity, and Jones. And while I tend to walk away from watching the former shows in a good mood, I feel like the latter leave their audiences in a rage and ready to fight.

I like Stewart, Maher, and John Oliver. I think their shows can be funny with Maher coming across as a pompous asshole sometimes, and Noah just not really being that funny, standup or in his show.

Oliver can be good and I like how he will take 20 min really drilling into an issue. Sometimes though his show can get grating and I hate how he repeats himself over and over again just louder the second and third time. Stewart was by far the best.

I like Stewart, Maher, and John Oliver. I think their shows can be funny with Maher coming across as a pompous asshole sometimes, and Noah just not really being that funny, standup or in his show.

Oliver can be good and I like how he will take 20 min really drilling into an issue. Sometimes though his show can get grating and I hate how he repeats himself over and over again just louder the second and third time. Stewart was by far the best.

I don't think Noah is as good as Stewart on the Daily Show, but I saw him do standup at the Chicago Theater and it was excellent. I don't watch Maher anymore, and I have never watched Colbert (other than a few clips), but Oliver's show is really funny and really well done.

I don't think Noah is as good as Stewart on the Daily Show, but I saw him do standup at the Chicago Theater and it was excellent. I don't watch Maher anymore, and I have never watched Colbert (other than a few clips), but Oliver's show is really funny and really well done.

Stewart was the best, there is no doubt. I watch Maher and Oliver every week, and enjoy both. All three of those shows were great for different reasons. Stewart covered news of the day, and had decent interviews. Maher gets great, and important guests, and his show is very funny. As catamount mentioned, Oliver's show does an awesome job of focusing on specific issues.

I think the far left hate of Maher because he attacks Islam a fraction of the amount he mocks Christianity is totally overblown and stupid. Let's fight the real enemy, not comedians.

I don't think Noah adds that much to most political issues-he's fine, but it's a more superficial take that I can get anywhere. I think he does a better job on racial/social justice issues-basically, he benefits if he can incorporate himself (I don't mean that as a bad thing). I like Oliver the best of that bunch. Maher will have a good line once in a while, but his overall assholishness makes it not worth it to me.

Maher doesn’t seem very bright. He’s more of a professional hater than the others.

Videos don’t post here via iPad/safari for some reason.

That’s a link to last night’s Daily Show segment about Trump/Sessions immigrant children-parent separation policy.

That’s a link to last night’s Daily Show segment about Trump/Sessions immigrant children-parent separation policy.

Replace the "https://m.youtube"... with "https://www.youtube"...

The guy singing the praises of the detention centers in the CNN segment is Andre Bauer, SC's former Lt Gov under Sanford. People wanted Sanford to resign after the Argentina thing until Bauer dropped this gem about school lunches

https://www.politico.com/story/2010/01/sc-lt-gov-poor-like-stray-animals-031959

“My grandmother was not a highly educated woman, but she told me as a small child to quit feeding stray animals. You know why? Because they breed,” Bauer said during a speech advocating that the government take away assistance to those who do not pass drug tests.

“You’re facilitating the problem if you give an animal or a person ample food supply,” Bauer added, according to a report in the Greenville News. “They will reproduce, especially ones that don’t think too much further than that. And so what you’ve got to do is you've got to curtail that type of behavior. They don’t know any better.”

Daily show clip from that incident

[video]http://www.cc.com/video-clips/kkyz29/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-thank-you--south-carolina---andre-bauer[/video]

In case that didn't embed

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/kkyz2...ewart-thank-you--south-carolina---andre-bauer

Back