• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

Trump supporters will never see it that way. To them, if Pelosi blocks Trump from giving the State of the Union on the house floor, then it's just Democrats being stubborn obstructionists and getting in the way of Trump making America great again. The hatred of Pelosi is 2nd only to the hatred of Hillary. She's the Democratic McConnell, but with 20 years of fear mongering invested into making her the reason for all the evil in the world.

Don’t forget that she’s from California.

Fox News will just run with the tag line from trump today that “Nancy doesn’t want to hear the truth”. Anyone care to switch over there to see if I’m right? I’m not near a TV.

Trump supporters will never see it that way. To them, if Pelosi blocks Trump from giving the State of the Union on the house floor, then it's just Democrats being stubborn obstructionists and getting in the way of Trump making America great again. The hatred of Pelosi is 2nd only to the hatred of Hillary. She's the Democratic McConnell, but with 20 years of fear mongering invested into making her the reason for all the evil in the world.

No doubt they'll blame her for everything, but it must kill them that Pelosi has successfully blocked Trump from giving the SOTU. They'll hate her even more (if that's possible), but I'll bet it's eating away at them that Trump hasn't been able to outfox or beat her. If only that damned woman wasn't standing in his way!

Lol masters of projection. Like an open book.

This was a fertile day for this thread. I'll just drop this one. Some of his best work.

Is mortgagees a word?

So...since grocery stores and banks and such know these fine currently impoverished government workers personally, because they're "local" (and we all know that Publix or the Walmart Neighborhood Market or whatever knows all of their customers personally) they'll just "give them" a loan to pay their bills or a line of credit to buy groceries? What world does he live in? This line of thought sounds like something out of Little House on the Prairie, where the local general merchandise store would allow Pa Ingalls to buy stuff on credit and pay them when his crops came in. That world disappeared a long time ago, assuming it ever actually existed outside of myths and Laura Ingalls Wilder novels.

Last edited:
So not only are grocery stores not taking a hit from 800,000 people not getting paid, they can afford to just offer credit.

So...since grocery stores and banks and such know these fine currently impoverished government workers personally, because they're "local" (and we all know that Publix or the Walmart Neighborhood Market or whatever knows all of their customers personally) they'll just "give them" a loan to pay their bills or a line of credit to buy groceries? What world does he live in? This line of thought sounds like something out of Little House on the Prairie, where the local general merchandise store would allow Pa Ingalls to buy stuff on credit and pay them when his crops came in. That world disappeared a long time ago, assuming it ever actually existed outside of myths and Laura Ingalls Wilder novels.

When America was great, grocery stores would give all sorts of credit...to white people.

Jesus. More and more often I'm reading stories and tweets about Trump that remind me of that famous HL Mencken quote from 1920, where he essentially says that the "plain folks of the land" would eventually achieve their heart's desire, and would elect a "downright moron" as POTUS. It just fits this era so well.

I feel like the extent of this madness would surprise Mencken tho

I feel like the extent of this madness would surprise Mencken tho

Maybe. He was quite cynical and had a pretty low opinion of people overall. He especially loved to ridicule what today we would call the Religious Right, and wrote some savage articles and essays about them, as well as democracy in general. A couple of good Mencken quotes: "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard", and "Puritanism: the haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy."

Last edited:
“Work a loan”. You just have to be a good deal maker.

Such a good dealmaker that he's going to have to declare a national emergency to save face because the GOP senators are growing tired and will side with Democrats.
TRUMP: "I'm declaring a natioal emergency to build the beautifal wall that we so desperately need on our southern border to stop the crisis and caravans and bad people they have down there. Since Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats don't care about the valuable federal workers, they are the best, I'm doing this to reopen the government and get these hardworking Americans back to work.

Such a good dealmaker that he's going to have to declare a national emergency to save face because the GOP senators are growing tired and will side with Democrats.
TRUMP: "I'm declaring a natioal emergency to build the beautifal wall that we so desperately need on our southern border to stop the crisis and caravans and bad people they have down there. Since Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats don't care about the valuable federal workers, they are the best, I'm doing this to reopen the government and get these hardworking Americans back to work.

Yeap, of course this is the play, even if it gets taken down in the courts

Back