• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

The ugly truth is that this country deserves this shitshow.

I've been reading some books over the summer on McCarthyism in the early 50s and the nativist/religious fundamentalist wave of the 1920s, and the parallels to what's happening right now are uncanny. I've come to the conclusion that "Trumpites" have always been here, mostly but not exclusively living in rural and small-town areas, and that we seem to go through cycles of this type of stuff. The big difference now is that Joe McCarthy was a single US Senator and thus the damage he could cause, while real, was limited, and while there were numerous state governors and members of congress in the 20s who were nativists, or KKK members, or religious fundies, we now have one in the White House, in the highest and most powerful office in the land, and so it's like these earlier periods on steroids. If nothing else, reading these books, and watching Trump's current reign, ends the quaint notion that we as a people "are better than this." Some of us are, but apparently not enough, at least not all of the time.

Last edited:
millhouse is correct

I don't think we've gotten dumber as a whole, I think we were always dumb but Facebook and Twitter have given the dumbies a platfrom to communicate, amplify and be manipulated.

"Donald Trump continues to claim that he has never supported the Iraq War but the truth he is on record as supporting it in 2002 and 2003."

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/sho...d-initially-support-the-iraq-war-760660547760

The dude is just flat out so full of shit. He's just flat out lying every time he opens his mouth.

His story about calling off the Iran attack is complete fiction also. Anyone who is breathing should know that you never get a specific number (150) for a military operation. You get a range...perhaps having a Sec Def would help.

He "inherited" family separation, and the Democrats are the only thing keeping our border situation from succeeding, "wikileaks" is a "strange name" that he'd never heard of before...he actually doesn't take a stance on anything, ever.

Last edited:
GOP to launch new fundraising site as Dems crush the online money game

The most unexpected stumbling block surrounded the initial decision to dub the new product “Patriot Pass.” The name was abruptly dropped after New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft told the president that the processor sounded too much like his football team. By that point, Holmes had already delivered separate presentations to Senate Republicans and major GOP donors in which he introduced the new platform as “Patriot Pass.”

lol

Trump, ever the branding expert, took particular interest in the naming. He phoned top allies including House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) to bounce ideas off them. During a meeting with political aides in the White House earlier this year, the president proposed “ActRed.” He also came up with another suggestion: “WinRed.”

"Ever the branding expert," Trump proposed the name "ActRed." (They are attempting to create their own version of the Dems fundraising platform, ActBlue.)

“WinRed is being billed as the GOP’s answer to the Democratic Party’s ActBlue, which has already amassed over $174 million this year. The new tool is intended to reshape the GOP’s fundraising apparatus by creating a centralized, one-stop shop for online Republican giving, which the party has lacked to this point.

“This is the first time I’ve ever seen either political party come together to do something genuinely good for campaigns instead of consultants,” said Josh Holmes, a top lieutenant to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) who was involved in the negotiations. “It’s unquestionably the most significant realignment of political infrastructure in my career.”
————

Never stop lying. They copy the Dems idea and play off the name and claim it’s the first time it’s ever been done.

That’s a pretty classic rapist defense.

Either way, a pretty blonde lady is definitely Trump’s type.

She also won a national cheer leading contest while in college.

I wonder how many straight men would consider limber and gorgeous not their type.

If you didn't believe Trump was a rapist in 2016, you won't believe it now. Always nice for everyone to have a new reminder of how completely reprehensible he is though. Maybe his base will grit their teeth a tad harder, and cling to that $115 they got in tax cuts a little tighter as they vote for him again.

Last edited:
Back