• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bundy = Racist

Sounds like you'd better not have a tan if you hang out with them.

Who the fuck are those people who just pack up their RV and drive to that ranch just to be near some racist fuckwit? Don't they have jobs? Families to take care of? It's really baffling

Tim McVeigh crashed at several militia compounds before the Oklahoma City bombing. His and their chief source of income was the gun show circuit.

Can't imagine any current members of Congress or wannabe presidential candidates would have anything to do with Bundy. If he doesn't recognize the federal government, he sure as hell doesn't vote. It's one thing to say you want to abolish the IRS or the Dept of Education,but quite another thing to say you don't recognize the "existence of the federal government". Saw one interview with some loopy member of the Nevada legislature and she made Sarah Palin look like James Madison.

disagree with whoever said it's a non-story. Armed groups backing down the federal government on federal land is a big deal. Does not set a good precedent.

disagree with whoever said it's a non-story. Armed groups backing down the federal government on federal land is a big deal. Does not set a good precedent.

Agree. Let's sling a daisy-cutter at these assholes.

There's a salon article that points out the 22 "best" quotes from Fox News on the issue. hannity is an idiot

This might be my favorite.

http://www.salon.com/2014/04/24/fox...ght_wing_delusions_about_the_absurd_standoff/

5. “Nobody has seen any bill for $1.1 million. It doesn’t exist.” (Michelle Fiore, R-Nevada Assembly, on MSNBC) Bundy says he has “never been sent a bill” but also says he never opens mail from the U.S. government because he does not recognize the U.S. government’s existence. A court has ordered him to pay a debt of $1.1 million in accumulated fines and fees for having put greater than his allowed quota of cattle on federally protected tortoise habitat.

Can't be overstated. It's strikingly peculiar given the various histories of federal law enforcement agencies. Waco, Ruby Ridge, Elian Gonzalez, Wounded Knee, many others. I'm sure J. Edgar's panties are bunched up in his grave.

I haven't followed this at all and don't know anything about this guy other than that he has some cows on federal land and once scored 4 touchdowns in one game, but what is his excuse for letting his cows on the federal land? Just that he has always done it?

I haven't followed this at all and don't know anything about this guy other than that he has some cows on federal land and once scored 4 touchdowns in one game, but what is his excuse for letting his cows on the federal land? Just that he has always done it?

1. His ancestors worked the land
2. The federal government doesn't exist

Depends on when you ask him. Either his family has always had the land (not true, they moved from Arizona in the 40s), he doesn't recognize the federal government (he is one of those "sovereign citizen" fuckos), or Obama.

I think he's planning on getting all those negroes out of the housing project in North Las Vegas and turning them into cowboys on his federal ranch. He probably won't let them have guns though.

So how does this end? Presumably liens are already in place. The militia were there to intimidate the BLM from removing the cows from federal property and/or use them as collateral. The militia have already boasted that they positioned women and children in front of their armed snipers. Seems like BLM can arrest and jail Bundy while the cattle are being rounded up, but the militia would likely fire on them. I'd go in unannounced in broad day light and arrest Bundy. The wingnuts are always going to claim a government conspiracy so it's best to do it during the day while things can be filmed to minimize dispute. Fox and fringe can keep treating Bundy like a patriot, but the facts and truth aren't on their side. Bundy is hardly a sympathetic figure.

I actually agree with RJ on this one. Fox News and Hannity have lost their minds (if they ever had them to start with). This is completely a non story that Fox News turned into a massive event.

Agree completely.

Depends on when you ask him. Either his family has always had the land (not true, they moved from Arizona in the 40s), he doesn't recognize the federal government (he is one of those "sovereign citizen" fuckos), or Obama.

Interesting train of thought. If we're operating under a free-for-all, I claim Yellowstone because I went there once and they let me in.

Back