• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Business Week Article on UNC Mess

Prof N has indicated through his attorney that he is not going to say a word until his trial. Interesting. Does that mean Option #1: I am not talking because I don't want to give UNC an opportunity to refute or contradict what I know. . . or Option #2: I am not going to say anything so as to give UNC time to pony up and pay me to keep my mouth shut?

When will UNC apologize for the fake education it provided to the rest of its alumni?

Right now it isn't being wholly ignored and UNC is having to address it, however impotently. My point is that it's just a blip on the radar. A speed bump on their highway. In time, this will fade into the past. Come their next Final Four or major bowl game, this will be something only vaguely remembered. Especially when you realize other schools are going to be quiet about it for fears something similar is festering under their own institutional rock.

This.

Prof N has indicated through his attorney that he is not going to say a word until his trial. Interesting. Does that mean Option #1: I am not talking because I don't want to give UNC an opportunity to refute or contradict what I know. . . or Option #2: I am not going to say anything so as to give UNC time to pony up and pay me to keep my mouth shut?

or 3), UNC has already paid me to keep quiet.

What I don't get is why other big schools that got busted, say Southern Cal, aren't livid about UNC getting a pass.

IMHO - they are viewed by the NCAA as "Too Big To Fail". Notice the column said, hundreds of classes dating back into the 1990s. Those guys over at NCSU may be correct in that UNC-CH took some early blame to keep it isolated to football - when in actually it was a process dating to the basketball program and Saint Dean.

At a meeting once, I asked John Swofford a question of this general nature - his answer was "the NCAA does not have subpoena power".

The Gov. Martin "investigation" looked back only to 1997, which just happens to be the year Dean Smith retired. Not a coincidence.

Also, Martin never spoke to Ol' Roy. Said he thought he would be too busy to bother him.

or 3), UNC has already paid me to keep quiet.

4) I received a reminder from the UNC administration about just how many police in N.C. are Tar Heel fans and just how bad traffic-stop body-cavity searches are.

The Gov. Martin "investigation" looked back only to 1997, which just happens to be the year Dean Smith retired. Not a coincidence.

Also, Martin never spoke to Ol' Roy. Said he thought he would be too busy to bother him.

[rj]if jim martin was a democrat you better believe he would have done a better job[stupid]

[rj]if jim martin was a democrat you better believe he would have done a better job[stupid]

I know you are kidding but the opposite is probably true. Dean (and I think Roy) is a big time Dem.

Back