• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Buyer's Remorse

Right after I graduated law school and started my career, I bought a big-ass 36" tube TV. Within a year, the flat screen plasmas started blowing up and becoming affordable. So now I have this massive, insanely heavy tube TV that I never watch and will never be able to get rid of.

knowing shoo it's a piece of shit

:D

I have no idea what kind it was. It was a $200 guitar I bought right out of college with aspirations that had no basis in reality. I think I gave it away or just lost it about 8 years ago. Likely a piece of shit.

the one big thing that I've purchased that I regret is that I wish I didn't buy my house 4 years ago.....oh well.

Yep, I love my house and thankfully I bought it in Dec '05 instead of '08, but according to zillow it decreased in value $85k from '08 until now (and $45 since I bought it) - pretty significant decrease since my house was <$200k to start out.

Right after I graduated law school and started my career, I bought a big-ass 36" tube TV. Within a year, the flat screen plasmas started blowing up and becoming affordable. So now I have this massive, insanely heavy tube TV that I never watch and will never be able to get rid of.

Kill-it-with-fire.jpg

Yep, I love my house and thankfully I bought it in Dec '05 instead of '08, but according to zillow it decreased in value $85k from '08 until now (and $45 since I bought it) - pretty significant decrease since my house was <$200k to start out.

I think mine was probably priced similarly to yours when I bought it. I'd probably have to take about a $30K hit to sell it. (I'd have to sell it for about 10K less than I paid and I put 15-20K into it). Luckily I don't have to sell it. I'm contemplating renting it out for a year or so, move downtown or something like that (until I get tired of living downtown) and then think about selling if the market improves or move back in.

Ha I have a friend who did the exact same thing when he got out of law school. But in an exhibit of further fail, he also built a custom entertainment center around the clunker so I don't think he'll be able to mothball it anytime soon.

I love my dogs and we view them as members of our family, but there are days that I would trade them for a kick in the nuts.

Ouch..

huge buyer's remorse: buying a house with my (now ex-) boyfriend. :rulz:

I was going to say: Selling a house in Charlotte at the start of the housing crash and buying a house in FL thinking it couldn't go lower before the first house sold. Also purchased a lake lot on in the foothills of NC west of hickory in a development that is now bankrupt. Lesson: unless I am telling you not to buy real estate, don't listen to me....

Purchasing 4 new, tailored suits immediately after returning from my last deployment because I was getting out of the military and needed to start interviewing. Only planned to buy two but apparently I was a salesman's wet dream that day. I also didn't think about the fact that during the deployment I worked out 6 days a week and the food was so horrible I was eating considerably less than normal. Now my idea of working out is walking to the mailbox. So now I have 4 suits I've never worn hanging in my closet that aren't even close to fitting me anymore.

Purchasing 4 new, tailored suits immediately after returning from my last deployment because I was getting out of the military and needed to start interviewing. Only planned to buy two but apparently I was a salesman's wet dream that day. I also didn't think about the fact that during the deployment I worked out 6 days a week and the food was so horrible I was eating considerably less than normal. Now my idea of working out is walking to the mailbox. So now I have 4 suits I've never worn hanging in my closet that aren't even close to fitting me anymore.

unless you've put on like a zillion pounds, then you can get that shit altered, right?

unless you've put on like a zillion pounds, then you can get that shit altered, right?

I've put on about 35 pounds since I bought them so not sure. I ended up getting a job without having to interview, but in a year or two I'll need to interview again once I finish my master's. I keep telling myself I'm going to lose the weight so I shouldn't get them altered yet. Of course, this is all in my head which does not tend to use reality as a basis.

I could be wrong, but I doubt they are making fun of the dude for you specifically.

you're not wrong.

Has nothing to do with you, RTQ. You would make fun of anybody who bought a house with someone and then broke up with them a year later.

Back