• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Buzz blamed players back to 2004

The only thing that would have been necessary to win "several more games" this year and last is better leadership.

This shows how irrational the buzzouters are.

If we had a solid rebounder and some depth, games like Maryland, Wofford, Richmond, Dayton and Clemson could have become wins.

Under Karl, Denver has just stagnated as an above average team, the level to which Bz brought them from nothing. At least Buzz rebuilt the team. Karl has not particularly improved them. Buzz gets credit for improving them, while Karl gets credit for not ruining them. Take your pick.

I thought those stories you referred to made it clear that Buzz was deliberately undercut by management, and that's why Denver played so inconsistently when he was let go. Do you want to blame Buzz for being undercut by management?

Management rebuilt the team by acquiring better talent like Melo and Andre Miller. Bz wasn't "undercut" by management. He was a stooge, a pawn, as part of a larger plan to improve the franchise. If they ever wanted him in the first place, they would have kept him.

You don't put a roster like that with a coach who can actually win. If Bz had gotten 30 wins that season, it may have wrecked the franchise long term. They could have ended up with a much worse player than Melo.

By the way, they were an under .500 team that season before being replaced. Lost 14 of 20.

Management rebuilt the team by acquiring better talent like Melo and Andre Miller. Bz wasn't "undercut" by management. He was a stooge, a pawn, as part of a larger plan to improve the franchise. If they ever wanted him in the first place, they would have kept him.

You don't put a roster like that with a coach who can actually win. If Bz had gotten 30 wins that season, it may have wrecked the franchise long term. They could have ended up with a much worse player than Melo.

By the way, they were an under .500 team that season before being replaced. Lost 14 of 20.

By the way, Denver was 13-15, not 14-20, when [Redacted] was fired.

By the way, Denver had a winning record the year before Bz was let go. They were 42-39.

I think your last statement is simply confused.

If Denver's management is so hot, why do they have such a poor record in the draft over the last 10 years? You're probably right about one thing, Kiki never wanted Bz to begin with. But that does not mean that Buzz didn't do a good job in coaching the Nuggets.

Once a coach is dissed by the management in the NBA, the players tune him out knowing the GM will use any excuse to fire him.

KiKi also undermined what [Redacted] had started the previous year by grossly overpaying the dog that is KMart.

I understand this won't get through to the Buzzhaters, but this was hardly a one way street.

By the way, I doubt you'll find ANY coach in the NBA who hasn't decried his team's lack of effort during the season.

Have you ever considered changing your mantra to "He's horrible, but not as horrible as you say?" There is a lot of room on the logical side of the OK/not OK line.

I sometimes feel sorry for Buzz. I do not blame him for taking the gift Wellman inexplicably gave him. What I can't get my mind around is the argument that he's the answer (short, medium or long term) at an ACC school that wants to be good.

Having lived in Colorado when all of this went down, there was definitely a perception that Bz was scapegoated and not treated fairly. I actually had a pretty high opinion of him back then.

Most people felt that Kiki was the one who should have been fired, not Bz.

Stop confusing people with first hand information and facts.

Back