• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BUZZ IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the report. For those you have sat in/behind the bench, were you surprised by how big the players looked, how small the court looked and how skinny the cheerleaders looked. That was my experience. Glad you had the chance.

Buzz In as in Buzz Williams...right?

buzz_medium.gif
buzztroll2_medium.gif

The 'experience' was during 1 of the 4 conference wins the team has had in ~30 tries with Bz on the bench; you don't think the feel around the team is different when they're getting blown-out (which lets face it... Is the vast majority of the time in conference play)?

Ive had the same 'experience' of sitting on the bench; and I'll just say that I don't believe BSD's article was fabricated... But the picture of the team that's been painted here is not decidedly different than what's actually going on in the program.

Pretty much: you're drawing the wrong conclusion. It's a good article but needs to be taken in the context of the rare W that came out of that night.

Yeah, I too would like to have seen what it is like from right behind the bench when the team is not doing well. Seems like there would have been plenty of opportunities for reports on days like that. You can tell a lot about a team from how they react to being outplayed.

Score a point for Wellman and Buzz in positive public relations. They need to address this area a lot more.

Back