• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Buzz on FT Shooting

Ayo

What up, Bird?
Reaction score
Buzz's response to the FT shooting today?

J.P. Mundy ‏@JP_Mundy 16m
On FT woes:"We work on them every day in a variety of ways...(smiling) ask them, and then tell me."

Just go away, Buzz.

Last edited:
Somewhere between grossly incompetent and brilliant troll. Possibly both.

What is he supposed to say? I say it's about time the players take a lot of responsibility. He can't shoot for them and they're college players for damn sake.

What is he supposed to say? I say it's about time the players take a lot of responsibility. He can't shoot for them and they're college players for damn sake.

It's not so much the message as the me-vs-them, confrontational tone we've seen from Bz before.

Buzz is a complete DICK... His tone is so annoying, he has a condescending way about him that most are completely sick of at Wake Forest.. The sooner he is gone the better we'll be for it...

You people are funny. Whether or not you think he can coach, the fans have treated him absolutely horrible since the day he was hired. And now you get your feelings hurt every time he doesn't kiss your butt.

You people are funny. Whether or not you think he can coach, the fans have treated him absolutely horrible since the day he was hired. And now you get your feelings hurt every time he doesn't kiss your butt.

The fans should have kissed his butt after those impressive losses to Stetson and Presbyterian. If we had, he would really like us now!

Haven't hanged him in effigy yet.

A saying about heat and kitchens comes to mind.

We should treat him even worse. He needs to feel hated.

Huh? What does this have to with the fans' feelings?

The fans should have kissed his butt after those impressive losses to Stetson and Presbyterian. If we had, he would really like us now!

Haven't hanged him in effigy yet.

A saying about heat and kitchens comes to mind

We should treat him even worse. He needs to feel hated

Well as the Maryland guy always says. Doesn't matter he got paid.

Almost every comment here is the same: hate Bz or hate Wellman or hate both.
Any other comment brings predictable disdain.

Nonetheless, Wake played really well on the defensive end. And the set plays are much better than in the past (I mean in years and years past). There is not a great deal more that a staff can do to coach free throw shooting except to teach technique and require repetitions. It's a confidence and concentration issue in games.

My primary criticism has to do with the failure to have guys ready to play from the opening tap. We have started games miserably for the most part. That is a coaching issue. Plus I question the philosophy of trying to bury teams early with the 3. If you are hitting it is not such a bad thing; but it seems better to go inside early and build confidence seeing the ball go through the net from down low.

Let the ridicule begin.

How do you think we are and have been performing at the free throw line since Buzz got here? How do his comments today affect your perception of that question?

Almost every comment here is the same: hate Bz or hate Wellman or hate both.
Any other comment brings predictable disdain.

Nonetheless, Wake played really well on the defensive end. And the set plays are much better than in the past (I mean in years and years past). There is not a great deal more that a staff can do to coach free throw shooting except to teach technique and require repetitions. It's a confidence and concentration issue in games.

My primary criticism has to do with the failure to have guys ready to play from the opening tap. We have started games miserably for the most part. That is a coaching issue. Plus I question the philosophy of trying to bury teams early with the 3. If you are hitting it is not such a bad thing; but it seems better to go inside early and build confidence seeing the ball go through the net from down low.

Let the ridicule begin.

We just averaged .9 Points Per Possession against the 11th worst defense in the entire country. That is horrendous.

If the fans just loved Bz more, the players would hit their FTs. Got it.

We just averaged .9 Points Per Possession against the 11th worst defense in the entire country. That is horrendous.

This.

We just barely beat the 315th ranked team in the country at home. There are junior college teams that would beat UNCG. There is no room for praise after this game.

As to free throws, even if Bz sounds like a dick, that's on the players. You're ACC basketball players, have some pride and make 70% of your free throws.

Back