• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Buzz or Russell Turner

berneses

Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of discussions that Turner will be our next coach. I'm not that high on Turner and i wonder which would be better: Buzz for one more year so we don't have to buy out his contract and then use the money we saved to go after a big time coach next March on hire Turner this March.

I don't think Bzz's one year remaining has any bearing at all on what we can afford to pay for a coach. If we can't afford a big time hire, it's not because of Bzz's buyout.

There seems to be a lot of discussions that Turner will be our next coach. I'm not that high on Turner and i wonder which would be better: Buzz for one more year so we don't have to buy out his contract and then use the money we saved to go after a big time coach next March on hire Turner this March.

Putting a poor product on the court costs WF much more than Bzzz's contract. Put 3000-4000 more fans in the seats at every game and you more than double what is lost in his payout. Plus concessions, plus goodwill.

Hiring Turner would be the epitome of LOWF.

Why the hell would you hire a notorious book-cooker and then not use him? All they need is a few "rounding errors" and they're in business.

It's like asking which type of capital punishment do you choose for your execution.

Just letting Bzz work out his contract is not even an option. I don't get why people keep saying it. Having a lame duck coach with no "coach in waiting" means that recruiting becomes nonexistent. Not that it has been very good the last couple of years, but it would be even worse, and that could cause a talent hole that would be almost impossible to recover from.

If you were flying in a plane, would you want Wellman as your pilot??? He has no biz making any decision for a future hire...scares the hell out of me on what he may do...wrong hire and four more years of purgatory!

I'll take Bz for one more year if turner for 5 is the alternative. He might work out but odds are shaky. We need a sure thing. Open up the wallet and pay somebody. Our basketball program is good enough to do so. If our finances are that bad because if Bz, then take it out of Wellmans salary since he is the one that caused the bzaster.

I'd definitely vote for Bz year 5 over Turner if there are some assurances about how the coach search would go after the fifth season (perhaps if I knew a young smart AD was going to be taking over and making the hire).

Where did his name come up? Just woke up to two threads on the front page about him...where was this info brought up?

You just know that he's got some 'jazz hands' action going on out of frame.

940x.jpg

Back