• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Buzzin, Buzzout or Buzz in Waiting?

Simple Question

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
84% out. I wonder what that looks like today. Even with a win, I'd be willing to bet on the numbers being the same.

84% out. I wonder what that looks like today. Even with a win, I'd be willing to bet on the numbers being the same.

Pretty much, but mostly b/c I doubt many people held off voting for 3 days b/c they wanted to first break down Buzz' coaching in that all-important WFU/GT matchup.

Hell, last night's win pushed me further into Bzzout territory than some of our losses.

If we had won against Duke, the numbers would go a little bit more towards "waiting", maybe even "in."

We won against Georgia Tech. They are probably the worst team in the ACC, competing with us, BC, and Vatach for that honor.

Of course the numbers didn't change lol. I will say that some people who were probably on the verge of going "Bzzzout" probably caught their balance up on the fence.

I did not think Dino was a good coach, but I did not think he should have been fired. If Dino had another year, we would have sucked, and his firing would have been viewed by the media (and possibly coaching community) as justifiable. One possible explanation for Dino's firing and Buzz's subsequent hiring was out of concern for the "moral integrity" of the program. I am not sure if I believe that or not; however, I do know that some of Prosser's players had very questionable moral integrity while I was a student at Wake 8 years ago (much worse than stealing an iPod). I think the current student body would know the character of the players under Dino better than I do.

Regardless, Dino was fired and Buzz was a questionable hire from the start. I was not happy about it, but in "Wellman I trust(ed)". His first year was a disaster which I do believe had to deal with multiple off court issues. We knew this year was going to suck from the very beginning. Did I think we would get blown out just about every game at the beginning of the year? Yes. I think we have actually exceeded my very very low expectations from this year. I think next year will be the year to decide whether to fire Buzz or not. I don't think a coach worth hiring will want to come into this mess only to be given 2 years to turn the program around. If we are willing to give Shaka coach K type money (3 to 4 million a year), I say go for it. Otherwise, I am a Buzz wait and see.

If Buzz doesn't turn the program around next year, I think Wellman's next hire is critical for his own job security.

Back