• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#BuzzOut Website: FireBz.com. "3 year pattern that needed to be addressed" R Wellman

I remember after the Mercer game I did not know was being played, a Carolina friend of mine called me to tell me we came back to beat Mercer. My response was "Mercer must suck." I had erased that and most of this season from my mind until the ESPN page brought all the pain back.

i wonder what it would cost to take out an ad in the http://www.indystar.com/section/NEWS/Indianapolis-News where wellman is right now. embarrass him in front of all his buddies on the selection committee. or get the sports writers interested in the story?

I think the Strattons might have actually checked into that. They are the pros when it comes to that area; seriously I hope they'll continue to get props for their actions in dealing with this stuff. Based on what I had to follow with the N&R with deadlines, etc we would have had to move on it well before now for it to reach him in time.

I PMd the stratts and VT last week with the Indy Star suggestion and there wasn't interest.

I PMd the stratts and VT last week with the Indy Star suggestion and there wasn't interest.

Not that there wasnt interest.....Didnt you find a quote of how much it would cost? If it wasnt you, it was someone else. Think it was a couple grand to run it there as well.

Hey VT, anyway we can get the "I don't read the internet" added to his quotes section?

@vt - That 3 year disappointment quote is apparently not on the FireBz website. Or did I just miss it?

At physical therapy this morning here near Dayton & we started talking basketball. They know I'm a Wake fan...an embarrassed Wake fan. They are proud Ohio State, Indiana, & Miami (OH) fans. I had them pull up firebz.com & they started reading off the stats.They could not believe Bz is still at Wake, or anywhere for that matter. Could not believe our AD would even consider retaining him. It's embarrassing when Miami of Ohio fans laugh at your team. But it didn't piss me off because I understand the comedy show this situation is to fans of other teams.

Thanks for making us a national embarrassment & laughingstock Ron. You suck. Get a life.

go to any sports board and they are all shocked, laughing that wellman is keeping him around. i found an old duke chat from when bz was announced head coach and they were shocked and laughing then. unc has a current one up now. i am sure they all do. clearly the news and observer is enjoying this with their headlines and cartoons.

cant even read that fucking shit, makes me want to be a closet wake basketball fan. felt like my wake shirt was sackcloth and ashes at the ACCT...

therabidrev - "Buzzlightyear: 'To irrelevancy, and beyond!'"

scruffman - "I want him to stay. It's too much fun watching the Wakies flip out about him..."

ttheel - "His record is pretty much unacceptable in today's sports world."

TrustnRoy - "With Cuse, Pitt, ND, and Louisville coming in... Wake can't really afford to wait to start building their program back up to being competitive. ACC hoops is about to become a murderer's row. If [Redacted] isn't getting the job done, they need to replace him ASAP."

leboclone - "At least he has made Bob Staak feel better..."

We may as well get used to it. We are the joke of the ACC as long as this clown is our coach.

can someone bring me up to speed has the ADs office said anything yet? Is he back or what?

Enfield for FGCU has a pretty interesting track record. He seems to have done well at every stop along the way. Getting FGCU into the top 100 RPI is no slouch considering they play in the ASun.

WRANGOR = WIZARD

Good point by one of the UNC fans: If we don't fire Bz, were going to get wiped off the floor next year since the ACC is going to easily be the most difficult conference to be successful in soon.

Good point by one of the UNC fans: If we don't fire Bz, were going to get wiped off the floor next year since the ACC is going to easily be the most difficult conference to be successful in soon.
I think this is apparent to everyone except Ron Wellman.

Back