• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzz OUT!

Fields, Terrell, Stewart, Tabb, Woods- Coached by Dino

Chennault, Harris, Mckie, Nikita, Desrosiers- Coach by Bzz

Who would win?

Bzz would destroy Dino. If you switch the teams, then I have no doubt that Dino would destroy Bzz. It's more about the players, in my opinion than the coaches. The talent level is not even close...

Woods is playing less than 17 minutes per game on a team without any post depth and posting a grand 6.6 points and 3.9 rebounds per game while shooting just 51.9% from the field. I don't know why people think he's good. He is the same player that he was as a junior in high school...

J.T. was a chucker, so he'd score, but he wouldn't pass or create for anybody else...

...which is a problem for Ari because he still can't dribble. He took 106 three-pointers as a sophomore and made just 27.4% of them. He made well under 50% from inside of the arc, as well, which isn't good considering most of that was under the basket...

Melvin Tabb had a lofty high school ranking, but averaged just 1.6 points and 2.0 rebounds in 8.9 minutes per game as a freshman. I'll eat crow if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming he hasn't magically turned into Rodney Rogers after sitting out a year and then playing JuCo ball.

And Fields. I just don't think he's good; we're playing walk-ons over him; and he has many longing for Joe Dukes. 'nuff said.

Last edited:
The one chance the Dino team would have would be Woods owning the paint.

But the Bzzz team would win. CJ and McKie would be the best players on the court.

Well, it wasn't a Buzzout post. It was intended to be a defense of him for having to deal with what I consider an uncanny loss of talent.

And I was attempting to show that the talent we lost over the past couple years (including Ty, which you can argue if you want) could compete with our current roster. It shouldn't, for the reasons you mention, but we came within inches of losing to High Point and actually lost to Wofford. If we could lose to those teams, then we could lose to the talent we lost (not a whole game, obviously--i'm talking about while they're on the floor). I'm simply trying to highlight how unusual it is to lose that much talent and potential.

Did we lose athletic players who had tons of potential? Absolutely. But you said those five guys could beat our current team. I mean, the comment doesn't just whitewash last year's play by those guys, but it's hugely insulting to CJ and McKie who are playing their asses off this year. Of all the people to crap on, why call them out to lose to guys who blew donkey balls last year and then ditched the program? High Point came a lot closer to beating Purdue (12-3) on the road then they did to beating us in their insane gym. And Wofford took losing CJ on top of historically bad nights from Carson, Nikita, and Chase together to lose by 4 and is our only bad loss so far this year.

If the point was just that we gave up talent then there were much better ways of explaining it.

If the point was just that we gave up talent then there were much better ways of explaining it.

You've convinced me of that. Didn't mean to crap on anybody, much less CJ and McKie.

ETA: I don't like crapping on the guys who left, either, though.

Did we lose athletic players who had tons of potential? Absolutely. But you said those five guys could beat our current team. I mean, the comment doesn't just whitewash last year's play by those guys, but it's hugely insulting to CJ and McKie who are playing their asses off this year. Of all the people to crap on, why call them out to lose to guys who blew donkey balls last year and then ditched the program? High Point came a lot closer to beating Purdue (12-3) on the road then they did to beating us in their insane gym. And Wofford took losing CJ on top of historically bad nights from Carson, Nikita, and Chase together to lose by 4 and is our only bad loss so far this year.

I consider the 30 point pre-season tourney blow-out loss to bottom-feeder ASU as a bad loss as well.

I consider the 30 point pre-season tourney blow-out loss to bottom-feeder ASU as a bad loss as well.

True. I was really just talking about games we weren't favored to win, but that was a bad loss by any measure.

Does it matter? Both teams would be absolutely horrible D1 basketball teams. Neither would make the NIT.....

The right leadership?

No player on the team bought into [Redacted]'s teaching more than JTT last season. The only people who didn't see that are the ones, like you, who have no interest in anything positive.

Agree. Bz was successful in breaking down a lot of JTT's bad habits, and that couldn't have happened if he hadn't bought in to what Bz was teaching him.

That was the biggest reason I was sad to see JTT go - I wanted to see if Bz could build him back up into the player he had the potential to be.

I wish JTT had gone someplace other than USC. It's a bad fit for his problems.

First of all he has no support group here unless there is family here of which I'm not aware.

Next, coming with Ari is not good. Ari's bad choices led to him leaving.

Kevin O'Neill is a dick who allows his players to run wild. This is terrible for JTT.

LA is a horrible place for a young kid with alcohol or drug problems. This is especially true for athletes at USC.

I wish JTT had gone someplace other than USC. It's a bad fit for his problems.

First of all he has no support group here unless there is family here of which I'm not aware.

Next, coming with Ari is not good. Ari's bad choices led to him leaving.

Kevin O'Neill is a dick who allows his players to run wild. This is terrible for JTT.

LA is a horrible place for a young kid with alcohol or drug problems. This is especially true for athletes at USC.

Which is exactly why I was shocked that JTT ended up at USC. It was clear that he had to sit out a year ... it was surprising that he ended up there so quickly.

Back