• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzz OUT!

Yep. It's the apathy and disinterested that Bz has created in all of us that truly disgusts me. We were once a proud and excited fan base. Now, we're just... sad.

I didn't know we had a game.

I want to get a good coach now, not later.

So you are saying that it is not a surprise that a team with a roster of 3 players from a top 10 recruiting class, a Georgetown transfer and a 7 foot (former 4 star recruit) to lose to a middle of the pack So-Con team!?!?!?!

So you are saying that it is not a surprise that a team with a roster of 3 players from a top 10 recruiting class, a Georgetown transfer and a 7 foot (former 4 star recruit) to lose to a middle of the pack So-Con team!?!?!?!

They are picked 5th in their 6 team division.

At least [Redacted] never shit in a towel. Right?

DCDeac is killing it in this thread.

Bz's problem is "coaching" rebounding. Which I'm not even sure is totally coachable. He's a good in-game coach, and people seem to agree he's a good X's and O's guy. Honestly, in terms of motivation, I think he's done exceptionally well this year. We seem to always come out really, really well in the second half, and he's got Ty playing the best basketball of his career. Carson and TC play lazily a lot, but I'm not willing to put that on Bz. Maybe they just aren't good players. And Nikita's a disaster, but he's giving it 110% every night, and it's hard to argue that.

What's always astonished me about the BzOuters is their apparently ability to differentiate between team talent and coaching ability. How are you guys doing that? What I see is a thin, mostly untalented team that, with the exception of rebounding effort, is generally playing pretty well. Do you see some team full of studs that Bz is bring down with his poor coaching?

We're 9-5, we've won a game we weren't supposed to have a shot in (Nebraska), and were literally one minute away from another of those (Dayton). We lost a couple of tough matchups that we weren't really supposed to win (Seton Hall, Richmond). So, in a down year for the ACC, with 6 combined games against GT, Clemson, and BC (and winnable games vs VPI and @ MD), it's not all that hard to imagine a 15 or 16 win year this year. I'm of the opinion that that would be a pretty remarkable over achievement for a team that is as thin and as top heavy as Wake is. Would that be on Bz? At all?

I was at the game and I looked at the bench and see Ty Walker, Anthony Fields and Daniel Green as options to put in. Not much help there to choose from.

Oh, ok. I don't know anything about Guthridge.

Ph had a good response. I took the "Bz is old" line to be about his lack of a future, but it's really about his mediocre past. It's a good point, but it still doesn't weigh against his ability to drag a shattered program back to the middle. He has done that a number of times, I think. I hope he does it with us--and we land a home-run hire.

Wofford does not have a player on their team we would have offered a scholarship to. Yet they executed their offense much better than us, rebounded much better than us, and hustled better than us. That is coaching. [Redacted] has no charisma and has done nothing in my opinion during 1 1/2 agonizing years to appeal to students, fans,, and the media. This guy is a horrible fit for our program. His sideline demeanor is disgusting and neither the assistant coaches nor players seem to pay much attention to him. He is a joke. I have missed very few home Wake games since 1969 and can never remember such apathy for our program. Ron Wellman made a horrible mistake on this hire and the sooner he is willing to publicly acknowledge such will be the day we start digging out of this hellhole. Look at what a real search turned up at Virginia and N. C. State. Gaudio needed to go, but Wellman blew a perfect opportunity to bring in a solid replacement. That decision has cost this program millions and millions of dollars and will continue to until Wellman is big enough to admit his mistake.

Oh, ok. I don't know anything about Guthridge.

Ph had a good response. I took the "Bz is old" line to be about his lack of a future, but it's really about his mediocre past. It's a good point, but it still doesn't weigh against his ability to drag a shattered program back to the middle. He has done that a number of times, I think. I hope he does it with us--and we land a home-run hire.

He shattered the program.

Wofford does not have a player on their team we would have offered a scholarship to. Yet they executed their offense much better than us, rebounded much better than us, and hustled better than us. That is coaching. [Redacted] has no charisma and has done nothing in my opinion during 1 1/2 agonizing years to appeal to students, fans,, and the media. This guy is a horrible fit for our program. His sideline demeanor is disgusting and neither the assistant coaches nor players seem to pay much attention to him. He is a joke. I have missed very few home Wake games since 1969 and can never remember such apathy for our program. Ron Wellman made a horrible mistake on this hire and the sooner he is willing to publicly acknowledge such will be the day we start digging out of this hellhole. Look at what a real search turned up at Virginia and N. C. State. Gaudio needed to go, but Wellman blew a perfect opportunity to bring in a solid replacement. That decision has cost this program millions and millions of dollars and will continue to until Wellman is big enough to admit his mistake.

Bingo

EXACLY. Our team is not good and I don't think a different coach would change much about our current performance. The issue is that the Bz hire sucked all of the energy out of our program.

Back