• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzz OUT!

If Colts can fire the Polians then wake can fire Wellman

Although I am a buzz outer, I don't blame buzz for taking the job, I blame Wellman for giving Buzz the job.

Buzz has failed and is killing the program, Wellman should be taking a lot of heat for this. The Dinger was pretty disgusted on the radio tonight and he is supposed to be a homer.

It would be one thing if bzz had some personality but he doesn't and even without CJ there is no way you lose to a 500 southern conference team at home. You watch the games and nothing about Bzz is inspiring.

This sucks and Bzz has not done anything remotely close to The reasons Wellman gave for hiring him.

Did Wellman have to do the post game so buzz could go recruiting again?

What a drought this will be, somebody get Bob stack on the phone.

I too have moved from a wait and see to the Buzz out camp. If nothing else you can play with fire, hustle and rebound the basketball. That has nothing to do with missing our best player. It has to do with guts and coaching. We may not have a lot of talent, but there is no excuse for giving up offensive rebounds, sometimes several on one possession. There is no excuse for allowing Nikka to continue to be the mad bomber and refuse to pass the ball to our best player. On Wake's side this looked like a pick up game at Reynolds gym. What do they do all day at practice? They sure don't learn to rebound, box out or play defense. Travis aside, the numbers speak for themselves. How many times to our offense consist of Nikita jacking a shot or barreling into the lane? The kid is only an offensive player in his mind. If CJ had played we might have won, but I still doubt we would have gotten any rebounds and played tougher defense.

This

I've always said it, Bzz is okay if you're looking to sustain. The dude is old, has no track record of success, and wears lame ties. He has no right to coach an ACC program, might as well put Barney in charge next year.

Yep. Saw Bzz before Christmas at the Village Tavern huddled alone in a corner booth. He looked like the saddest individual I've ever seen. He's got to be texting the T-Wolves.

That truly is sad. Though I thought he was a terrible hire I wanted and still want him to succeed. This has to take a toll and him and his family and that would suck for anyone.

That truly is sad. Though I thought he was a terrible hire I wanted and still want him to succeed. This has to take a toll and him and his family and that would suck for anyone.

Yeah that's pretty sad, but except for the most ardent BzOutters, the criticism of Bz isn't personal. There's just a certain level of competitiveness and success that is expected at high levels in every area of work and if you're goal is success, regardless of what business you are in, someone's emotions and feelings can only be considered to a certain extent.

Having said all that, I wish Bz the best in whatever coaching job he ends up with after Wake (whenever that may be). It just wasn't the right fit for him and he didn't/hasn't gotten the job done at Wake.

We've got two players who should be in the ACC and the coaching isn't all that great. Recipe for disaster.

I've always said it, Bzz is okay if you're looking to sustain. The dude is old, has no track record of success, and wears lame ties. He has no right to coach an ACC program, might as well put Barney in charge next year.

At least he knows how to wear a suit.

Barney-Stinson-Legendaddy-barney-stinson-19785882-425-500.jpg

Agree. I now feel kind of bad for joking about his ties.

I'd feel more sorry for Buzz if he hadn't been such a shitty coach to his current and past players.

Lied to Air Force players.
Dismissed Colorado players from the team despite no ill discipline.
And threw his Wake Forest players completely under the bus.

Why does a man that does all this deserve our pity?

I understand what kennyloggins is saying, but I have a tough time feeling bad for anybody getting paid $80 a year or whatever it is to do a poor job.

Age doesn't affect one's ability to rebuild over the course of a few years. Nobody thinks Bz is our coach for the next two decades.

The point is the Dean, K, etc hadn't proven themselves over a career to be poor coaches so they were earning the chance. Bz has already shown himself to be a poor coach.

I understand BzzOuters and I understand BzzzWait peope, don't really get BzzzInners but to each there own...

But if THIS is the game that swings you, taking into account the rest of the non-conference games and last year... Then you really don't know anything about the game or coaching.

Back