• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bz on 610 AM in Charlotte now!

"I told them there was a chance I could be fired or a chance I could be here for another 10 years.

jim%20carrey.jpg

Protect the integrity.. (If you don't have talent or don't wan't to come back to me).

The Bz media victory tour is in full swing and will end with an extension announced in the next few days.

Prepare the molotov cocktails.

We need to get back to playing with great passion and for each other. And whatever happens, happens. We had great practices [after that]. [That's my job as a head coach] - to help prepare them for things."

that is your only job. prepare them. thinly veiled "loses aren't my fault because i prepared them."

Mac asks about fans bringing up 'why can't we do this more often'. Bz: One of the reasons (he's not into excuses). 9 of scholly players are freshman/sophomores. Maturity leads to inconsistency on road (I THOUGHT YOU WERENT INTO EXCUSES)

We are very consistent on the road.

QUESTION ABOUT JOB STATUS: do you at all allow yourself to think, 'did this win save my job?"

"I'm gonna say something that has not yet been made public. Had a meeting on Sunday. I could tell our guys weren't right. I asked if it was about my job. I told them there was a chance I could be fired or a chance I could be here for another 10 years. But this is your responsibility. You have a responsibility to play your tail off. For your family name, for Wake Forest, for the people who pay for your scholarship, for the people who played before you, ... The right thing is to play with passion, energy, and collectively. This is about something bigger than Jeff [Redacted]. We need to get back to playing with great passion and for each other. And whatever happens, happens. We had great practices [after that]. [That's my job as a head coach] - to help prepare them for things."
Another 10 years? Oh Lord no! :rulz:

Mac is asking about speculation about his job - do you allow yourself to think "I wonder if that win saved my job, or what do I have to do to save my job"
Bz - will say something he hasn't said to anybody. Had a meeting with his team on Sunday after BC game, could tell guys 'werent right' Bz asks if it's because he might be fired, says "I have a very good relationship with my players". Bz tells them they have a responsibility to play hard for their family, school, teammates to play their tail off. that's what a man does when faced with adversity, play with passion, energy collectively and individually. This is about something bigger than Jeff [Redacted]

Agree with [Redacted] there. For some reason, I wonder if the light bulb has gone off for him finally. The "this ain't about me, next question" answer after last night's presser was the prefect response. And holy hell, we looked like a damn good team last night. Great ball movement and decision making. (It helped that Duke missed some open looks.)

QUESTION ABOUT JOB STATUS: do you at all allow yourself to think, 'did this win save my job?"

"I'm gonna say something that has not yet been made public. Had a meeting on Sunday. I could tell our guys weren't right. I asked if it was about my job. I told them there was a chance I could be fired or a chance I could be here for another 10 years. But this is your responsibility. You have a responsibility to play your tail off. For your family name, for Wake Forest, for the people who pay for your scholarship, for the people who played before you, ... The right thing is to play with passion, energy, and collectively. This is about something bigger than Jeff [Redacted]. We need to get back to playing with great passion and for each other. And whatever happens, happens. We had great practices [after that]. [That's my job as a head coach] - to help prepare them for things."

Might be the best quote I've ever seen from him

Might be the best quote I've ever seen from him

Don't give him too much credit there. I probably should have put an asterik at the end of that. I was typing as quickly as I could, but as a result, that is not verbatim quote. I had to dress it up here and there. There were still "umms", awkward pauses, and moving on to another thought before the first was complete.

Mac is asking about speculation about his job - do you allow yourself to think "I wonder if that win saved my job, or what do I have to do to save my job"
Bz - will say something he hasn't said to anybody. Had a meeting with his team on Sunday after BC game, could tell guys 'werent right' Bz asks if it's because he might be fired, says "I have a very good relationship with my players". Bz tells them they have a responsibility to play hard for their family, school, teammates to play their tail off. that's what a man does when faced with adversity, play with passion, energy collectively and individually. This is about something bigger than Jeff [Redacted]

This may be the best thing he has ever said.

Another 10 years? Oh Lord no! :rulz:

LOL. The guy can't relate in any way to the students he's coaching now and he actually suggests that he could be coaching at Wake Forest into his 70's? What a moran.

Around 2:20 today, Marc James on 610 said the win was a double-edged sword for Wake fans. He said Bz was definitely coming back, and even said he was probably back for another year even before the win, but now it was a sure thing. He was in the process of listing topics for callers to call in and discuss (ACCPOY: Paige or Jabari, Bobcats thrashing Pacers, etc.) so he immediately gave the phone number. I started to dial in, but realized that is exactly what hacks/trolls like him want: make an outrageous comment to generate hits, views, listeners, etc., so I put down the phone and changed channels.

someone-on-the-internet-is-wrong.jpg

I didn't think his show came on until 3:00. I was hoping for national sports talk.

I assume Parker will win ACCPOY by a significant margin. Paige would be a terrible choice.

Agree with [Redacted] there. For some reason, I wonder if the light bulb has gone off for him finally. The "this ain't about me, next question" answer after last night's presser was the prefect response. And holy hell, we looked like a damn good team last night. Great ball movement and decision making. (It helped that Duke missed some open looks.)

Reminds me a lot of the Ralph Kitley vs. Charles Shackleford (NCSU) game during the Staak era. Contrary to all previous performances, Kitley was a machine, moving around and scoring against Shackleford almost with impunity. The announcers were raving that Kitley was playing out of his mind. Later, it came out that Shackleford was pointshaving. Just saying...

Last edited:
Kurt McPherson ‏@KurtMcphoos 5m
@BloggerSoDear 610 AM in Charlotte just said Wellman is bringing back [Redacted] next year. Any truth to that report?

Hey BSD, tell this guy he's wrong!

For every report that Bzzz will be back is two that he's gone.

Let's hope that the law of averages works in our favor this time!:thumbsup:

I assume Parker will win ACCPOY by a significant margin. Paige would be a terrible choice.

Agreed. MarC said Jabari was the best player in the league, but Paige is the most valuable. The donk was describing Paige hitting the big 3 in OT when they were down 6 in OT last week to WAKE FOREST. Think that was an honest slip on his part since he had been talking about Wake earlier. Still an idiot.

Back