• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bz post game listening thread

I wonder if anyone will bother to call in for the trivia question on bzzz radio show this week.

Last week when the guy called in to guess at the trivia question and they asked if he had a comment or question for the coach, I swear I heard a chuckle.

Bz:
Wofford had better effort, put us on our heels, we gave them spirit, gave them life
Look at the boards, they're not bigger than us, rebounding has been a problem
From an offensive standpoint we passed and dribbled but not disciplined, no cuts
Bz says it is on him- he has to motivate his guys better, the guys need to be more disciplined
We got our hands on rebounds but never brought them in
Trying to do too much off the dribble and not enough passing and cutting and helping each other like they have been doing
Can't feel sorry for themselves
Need better effort for Saturday
CJ tweaked his groin against Yale
Dinger says, "Thanks coach, ACC the rest of the way."
Bz responds, "You're exactly right."

Buzz is defeated. He can't even have confidence in himself anymore, although, I'm sure he will pretend that he does during the coaches' show.

The program has been destroyed. Well done to Mr. Wellman and Mr. [Redacted]. Took only 19 months. Impressive.

The effort wasn't there from the players.

Nice.

He didn't really say that, did he? That's got to be a joke. The hustle definitely wasn't there (save for the Siberian bowling ball and Travis) but to say "the effort wasn't there from the players" when he stood quietly on the sideline and occasionally did a golf clap is downright shameful.

Bz:
Wofford had better effort, put us on our heels, we gave them spirit, gave them life
From an offensive standpoint we passed and dribbled but not disciplined, no cuts
Bz says it is on him- he has to motivate his guys better, the guys need to be more disciplined
Trying to do too much off the dribble and not enough passing and cutting and helping each other like they have been doing

Okay yeah I'm tired of this shit. Next coach, please.

Bz:

Hear Ye!
Hear Ye!
Let The Beatings Commence!!

Bz:

I like how he shared in the blame for tonight.

Buzz is defeated. He can't even have confidence in himself anymore, although, I'm sure he will pretend that he does during the coaches' show.

The program has been destroyed. Well done to Mr. Wellman and Mr. [Redacted]. Took only 19 months. Impressive.

YOu didn't give DIno credit for his efforts.

I also feel bad for Travis. The young man has a ton of heart and always gives 100%. I hope he gets to play on an NCAA or NIT team before graduating.

I do too, but I don't want him to leave.

Actually one of his better postgame interviews since he took responsibility himself.

He didn't really say that, did he? That's got to be a joke. The hustle definitely wasn't there (save for the Siberian bowling ball and Travis) but to say "the effort wasn't there from the players" when he stood quietly on the sideline and occasionally did a golf clap is downright shameful.

NOT THOSE EXACT WORDS. Wanted to caps that just to make sure I made that clear.

But he did harp on the effort from the players with his first comment. He sounded really down and defeated, IMO.

The guy simply isn't a leader. It is clear as day. He has no idea how to be a #1. None.

I hope a scouting job opens up in the NBA so that he can take that. Save face, Jeff, and go back to what I am absolutely sure you are good at.

You know basketball. You have no idea how to lead a group of young men and teach them basketball, however.

We got absolute dominated on the boards and gave them way too many second-chance points. A lot of that is effort.

Bz:

Sounds like last year...what happened to addition by subtraction? :banghead:

We got absolute dominated on the boards and gave them way too many second-chance points. A lot of that is effort.

True. A good amount of that is also being taught proper positioning and boxing out technique.

[Redacted]'s teams continually are bad at rebounding, even tho the previous and future teams at the same programs have improved rebounding numbers.

It isn't a coincidence. Would defy all logic.

I can't wait to hear from RW when (if????) Bzz gets canned. He lied to the fans and alumni. There was no reason/excuse for this hire. Bzz is probably a solid NBA assistant who knows the game and can coach X's and O's. He's way in over his head as an ACC HC.

I can't wait to hear from RW when (if????) Bzz gets canned. He lied to the fans and alumni. There was no reason/excuse for this hire. Bzz is probably a solid NBA assistant who knows the game and can coach X's and O's. He's way in over his head as an ACC HC.

YEP! He lacks the enthusiasm, energy, and leadership to be a successful ACC HC. I look forward to the day when I can be proud of our flagship program again.

True. A good amount of that is also being taught proper positioning and boxing out technique.

[Redacted]'s teams continually are bad at rebounding, even tho the previous and future teams at the same programs have improved rebounding numbers.

It isn't a coincidence. Would defy all logic.

Agreed. 100% with you on that. I just think that sometimes we want to criticize Bzdeliik so badly that we take everything he says and try hanging him for it. Our players are just as mediocre as he is.

NOT THOSE EXACT WORDS. Wanted to caps that just to make sure I made that clear.

But he did harp on the effort from the players with his first comment. He sounded really down and defeated, IMO.

The guy simply isn't a leader. It is clear as day. He has no idea how to be a #1. None.

I hope a scouting job opens up in the NBA so that he can take that. Save face, Jeff, and go back to what I am absolutely sure you are good at.

You know basketball. You have no idea how to lead a group of young men and teach them basketball, however.

Truth.

I wonder if Travis and CJ are jealous of Ari right about now.. I can stop following the program, but those guys actually have to live with the Buzz.

Back