• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BZZZZIN Down Tobacco Road

We need a guy like Rodney Purvis more than we need any single player we got in our class. And we aren't going to get anything even remotely close to him in 2013.

State doesn't need centers because of the offense they play. They addressed their needs, based on how Gottfried runs his team. T.J. Warren is much better than Moto, and Lewis and CMM are a wash. They are completely different players, and I'm not starting a Lewis firestorm again.

We got six guys, so it isn't the same. Yes, we addressed our "needs," but who knows how many of those six stay with the program? Who knows how many of those six play to their potential or improve? Right now, based on high school and potential, if you take our best three (CMM, Thomas, Moto) vs their best three (Lewis, Purvis, Warren), it isn't even close.

We "need" talent, not positions.

I don't like Bzz either but the point is we have ONE ACC player on the whole team that could start for most other ACC squads. Can't say that about McKie, I think the love fest for him is simply because he plays hard. Facts are, he's not a good ball handler, shooter, and he's not a good post up guy. He can rebound, thats about it consistently. What I'm getting at is what do you expect to happen when you're out "talented" every night. Bzz was handed a mess and apparently did what he had to do to clean up the program and straighten up some attitudes. I don't know if he'll succeed next year or not with his guys, but he certainly deserves the chance. Get off the guys back for one week. Damn...

talent isn't my concern. not finding the shooter in transition and not getting back in transition (even though we dont hit the offensive glass) all game was so frustrating. if the guys are "buying in" then how come we make these kind of awful mistakes? im not going to call the guy a "cunt" or wish him ill, but i just dont get how people can still be positive about these results...

teams with less talent win games (do we have less talent than wofford?), so how come it seems like we don't? im sorely frustrated, and i just dont see it getting any better anytime soon. this was the third straight in-state rivalry game where i knew going in to it we didnt stand a chance. i could laugh about how bad we've been in these games after. that's a new low, and im sorry i wont just hope it magically gets better.

Point taken. What I don't like is Bzz doing the NBA name dropping crap when I read Disco Dan's blog. Who gives a crap if you know Michael Jordan and coached Melo in the NBA. The bottom line is you coached your kids up to play hard in Raleigh and it's about them, not you.

I really like the players on this team. Ty has improved a hundred fold this season. So, I give Bzz credit for that.

NCSU is losing a starting SF and is replacing him with a bigger, better scoring SF. Also replacing a bPG with a kid in Lewis who is better than the bPG on NCSU and is the best passer in the class. We also bring in a scoring guard who is as athletic as any kid in the country, and is perfectly suited to getting out and running and finishing in transition. It's quite a stretch to not see how those kids will improve the program. I love Wakes class and it fills a ton of needs with really talented players (CMM is a complete stud). But the recruiting guys aren't going to put a class with 2 consensus top 20 players very low, making it pretty hard for WFs class to be above it. ACC is looking up from a talent standpoint.

Meh, I don't really take issue with posts like vt's that want to criticize our performance. What I do think is dumb, however, is the desire to call him a 'cunt' and say that he eats unwiped ass when, as far as I can tell, he's just a guy trying to do his job and represent the university well.

As a fanbase, we went from attacking results to attacking character in about 3 games last year. Frankly, we may have started attacking his character before last season even began.

“You know what, there’s an old saying in the NBA: you give respect by showing no respect…you give respect by showing no respect"

Based on Bz's quote yesterday... I think its about time people realize DV7 respects him more than anybody else here.

I don't think ol' Bzzy is a particularly high class individual, but regardless it's all about results to me. The results have been atrocious. When does anyone expect us to actually beat one of our rivals? Next year? I don't see it happening.

ETA: Consider this, yesterday was probably the 2nd best game of the season yet we still lost by 11 points to a team projected to be better next year.

Last edited:
I think we're going to have to come to grips with the fact this team isn't going to get much better this year. Another win or two would be a blessing. Bzz has his kids playing hard but you can't win with average players and no bench. Nobody can.

NCSU is losing a starting SF and is replacing him with a bigger, better scoring SF. Also replacing a bPG with a kid in Lewis who is better than the bPG on NCSU and is the best passer in the class. We also bring in a scoring guard who is as athletic as any kid in the country, and is perfectly suited to getting out and running and finishing in transition. It's quite a stretch to not see how those kids will improve the program. I love Wakes class and it fills a ton of needs with really talented players (CMM is a complete stud). But the recruiting guys aren't going to put a class with 2 consensus top 20 players very low, making it pretty hard for WFs class to be above it. ACC is looking up from a talent standpoint.

Wait... you're a NC State fan? No wonder you are BuzzIN!

I think we're going to have to come to grips with the fact this team isn't going to get much better this year. Another win or two would be a blessing. Bzz has his kids playing hard but you can't win with average players and no bench. Nobody can.

Yup. And agree with your annoyance of [Redacted]'s continual deflection of responsibility, while purporting to accept, and nba references. The NBA blows, bro.

You have some nerve trying to pontificate to others about how they should behave, sir.

Oh, and Jeff [Redacted] IS a cunt because he lied to his players' faces at Air Force. Only fucking low life cunts lie to their players like he did.

http://gazetteafasports.freedomblog...d]-learned-something-from-afa-departure/5309/

If Jeff [Redacted] has a problem with people calling him a cunt, then maybe he shouldn't do such cunty things as lie to his own players' faces. Simple problem/simple solution.

Dv, i realize this is a free country and you are entitled to your opinion, but, I, for one really wish you were a fan of some other team. I am so freakin' tired of reading your whiny-ass, immature bullshit based largely on ancient history. Why can't you focus on the here and now?

Dv, i realize this is a free country and you are entitled to your opinion, but, I, for one really wish you were a fan of some other team. I am so freakin' tired of reading your whiny-ass, immature bullshit based largely on ancient history. Why can't you focus on the here and now?

This has to be sarcastic, right?

When is the wedding? Or did it already happen?

Been married 6 mo now. Just bought a house. Have I told you what great public policy the mortgage interest deduction is? Also, love the marriage "penalty," my tax rate makes Romney blush.

Only tangentially relevant, but Austin Rivers is a historically large toolbox.

Been married 6 mo now. Just bought a house. Have I told you what great public policy the mortgage interest deduction is? Also, love the marriage "penalty," my tax rate makes Romney blush.

As the great Bruce Willis said...

Welcome to the party, pal!!!!

And I'd go into Romney's real effective tax rate... but I don't talk politics on this board anymore.

Wait... you're a NC State fan? No wonder you are BuzzIN!

Haha yea I've been taking a ton of shit recently since i'm a NCSU/WF fan. How did that happen you ask? Grew up in Pilot Mtn, both my parents went to WF, Dad played baseball for the Deacs for a few years and had a great time in general, Mom graduated from the accounting program and from what I can tell didn't go out much. My aunt and uncle both went to WF, uncle played Football for the deacs.

Growing up so close to WF mom and pops have had season tickets for years so I probably went to 75% of the home BB games from ROK's freshman year til the year CP3 left to go pro. Grew up and was strong in Math/Science so I decided to go to NCSU and do the whole engineering thing. Turns out I had no idea how to study and switched out to Statistics. If I could do it again i'd go to WF or UNC for business/economics but you live and you learn and I have no doubt that i'll be more than qualified for anything I want to do out of school.

So I love NCSU and the people i've meet here, and I love WF as that's what I grew up loving, it's not just going to die off as soon as I stepped foot in Raleigh. I appreciate you guys putting up with me and my flip-flopping fandom though :thumbsup:

Back