• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

c h a t t h r e a d a e s t h e t i c : of Winston-Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah we have a real shortage of officials in nc right now because it’s so bad.
I was an intramural ref all 4 years in college (always getting assigned to the various fraternity games and other high-emotion contests since I was pretty decent and have the right kind of temperament for that job), and have always thought I'd like to do it in my spare time and/or as a part-time gig during retirement, but some of the behavior I see at rec-league games, much less middle or high-school games, these days gives me an enormous amount of pause about that plan.

okay upon revisit this might get promoted into the top 100 albums list

the best monty python sketches are up there with anything but man watching a whole episode of flying circus is rough. There is a LOT of unfunny to get through to find the nuggets

Jesus, I just got a SOS notification that my mom had made an emergency phone call from a location in Quebec City and then I couldn't get her on the phone for 10 minutes. Turns out her apple watch is just malfunctioning but man I just about shit myself.

Jesus, I just got a SOS notification that my mom had made an emergency phone call from a location in Quebec City and then I couldn't get her on the phone for 10 minutes. Turns out her apple watch is just malfunctioning but man I just about shit myself.
i have heard nothing but bad things about wearable SOS notifications

the best monty python sketches are up there with anything but man watching a whole episode of flying circus is rough. There is a LOT of unfunny to get through to find the nuggets
Monty Python is one of those shows that I think would be better without the odd laugh track. It's really distracting.

I went from paying for spotify to paying for apple music. Don't feel great about how artists are compensated. But I feel marginally better that I'm not paying for Joe Rogan.
Yeah, I was using Amazon Music for a long time for similar reasons. They pay artists better at least. But the app sucked. It would constantly freeze, even with music that I had downloaded to my phone, it would not play with weak signal strength. Meanwhile my kid had Spotify from her mom and had no problems...so I used an old 1-year Spotify gift certificate that I found in the kitchen junk drawer and decided to try switching.

Hello HR Person who I have been talking to, I just wanted to follow up on our conversation from a couple of weeks back.
Sorry Tim, this person no longer works here.

I am giving you guys these stories for free when I could be monetizing a TikTok about how absurd this market is. I hope you appreciate this.

Nah we're over at Croasdaile. Although I really like Hope Valley. Are y'all there?
Love that course, played out there last Friday. Even though the greens had recently been punched, they were healing nicely (and will be pristine in about 2 weeks). NC Amateur is supposed to be there next summer, so hoping I can qualify into that for a "home game" of sorts..

View attachment 5536

this is maybe the most intense job call i've seen w/r/t Jesus
I saw something like this when there was a job at Belmont in Nashville. Would have been a good job at a good program, but it required like a one-page mission statement on your relationship to JC, and I was like, Nah, no thanks.

I saw something like this when there was a job at Belmont in Nashville. Would have been a good job at a good program, but it required like a one-page mission statement on your relationship to JC, and I was like, Nah, no thanks.
Think you'd get the job if you just wrote down the lyrics to the Doobie Brothers's "Jesus Is Just Alright"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back