• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Caesar's Book Odds to Win ACC...

deacsrus

Reaction score
Clemson 1-8; Miami 12-1; Virginia 12-1; Virginia Tech 15-1; Duke16-1; Pittsburgh 25-1; Wake Forest 60-1; UNC 100-1. I know Vegas is pretty accurate on most things, but Duke, Pittsburgh, and Miami ahead of us? Especially Duke 4-4 2-3 ACC who needs to find two wins from Notre Dame-Syracuse-Wake Forest-Miami to just get a bowl bid.

I'd imagine that has to do with us essentially having to win out just to get to the ACC Championship whereas its a crapshoot in the Coastal and if any of them make it they have a minor chance.

You should keep in mind that in order to win the ACC you have to get to the ACCCG and then win the ACCCG. Having Clemson in your division makes the first part of that equation much more difficult.

Even still, Wake is way better value there. I’d love to somehow take the other side of the first 5 coastal team bets in a parlay.

12 to 1 seems low for any Coastal team. None of them can be more than a 5% likelihood of beating Clemson

Not going to do the math because there is no way I'll actually wager it, but I wonder if 60-1 is better or worse than you'd do just taking the money line on Wake for every remaining ACC game and rolling it over?

So Clemson is probably 90 percent to beat both State and Wake (win Atlantic that way) and they still win the Atlantic with a loss in like 9 percent more of situations (even with one loss Wake has to win out - under 1% chance, or Louisville has to win out and Clemson loses both ACC games)? Then they’re gonna be at least 17-20 point favorites over any coastal champion and are 24+ point favorites over everyone that isn’t Miami or UVA.

Hell clemson may be a value bet at 1 to 8

Clemson 1-8; Miami 12-1; Virginia 12-1; Virginia Tech 15-1; Duke16-1; Pittsburgh 25-1; Wake Forest 60-1; UNC 100-1. I know Vegas is pretty accurate on most things, but Duke, Pittsburgh, and Miami ahead of us? Especially Duke 4-4 2-3 ACC who needs to find two wins from Notre Dame-Syracuse-Wake Forest-Miami to just get a bowl bid.

Because we'd have to beat Clemson.

Not going to do the math because there is no way I'll actually wager it, but I wonder if 60-1 is better or worse than you'd do just taking the money line on Wake for every remaining ACC game and rolling it over?

If we are 7/5 dogs on three games and 9/10 favorites on two games, you'd multiply your money by about 5 times. We'd need to be 12/1 money line dogs against Clemson to equal a 60-1 parlay.

I doubt we'd be that big a dog in three of the other five games. So, you might need to get 20-1 or more against Clemson to get to 60-1.

If my math is right if you were to roll money line it would pay about 30/1 through the regular season (assuming -300 for NCST/Cuse, +500 Clemson, -150 VT & Duke). Assuming a toss up ACCCG (-110) and it'd be about 57/1. So pretty much right on the number.

If you exclude Clemson game from your bets the regular season pays 5/1.

Last edited:
Wake gonna be way worse than +500 for Clemson. We’re gonna open like +27 or so. Teams this week that are +21 are +1000 ML

As I showed, we'd need to be dogs in three other games to be as low as 12-1 vs. Clemson.

FWIW, if Clemson is a 25 to 28 point favorite when WF plays at Clemson in a couple weeks, the money line on that game (and a lot of books don't post money lines on games with that high of spread) WF would be at least +2000 (20 to 1 payout). As an example the money line on the Oklahoma/K State game last weekend was a little less than that and Oklahoma was a 23.5 point favorite. Some guy bet $30,000 on Oklahoma on the money line to win $1500. Ouch.

So, if you just bet WF on the money line and role it over every time, you would make more than 60 to 1, unless something crazy happened like a Trevor Lawrence injury before the WF Clemson game.

Last edited:
After careful deliberation of whether to take Wake Forest Football at 60-1 or just roll over my ML winnings every week through the ACC Championship, I've decided to...

Take Wake Forest +100000 (1000/1) to win the NCAA Basketball Tourney.

This way, my ticket is still hypothetically good until mid-March vs. one week or two.

Similarly, I could just light my money on fire. But that's immediate gratification.

If we are 7/5 dogs on three games and 9/10 favorites on two games, you'd multiply your money by about 5 times. We'd need to be 12/1 money line dogs against Clemson to equal a 60-1 parlay.

I doubt we'd be that big a dog in three of the other five games. So, you might need to get 20-1 or more against Clemson to get to 60-1.

You'd make much more than 5x if you were to roll your winnings over each game at these assumed odds. However, using the estimated ML for these actual games yields a similar answer.

Generally speaking, you're better off betting each game individually as opposed to betting the futures price with increased juice. But in this hypothetical, if Wake were to beat Clemson, their lines against Duke, Cuse and ACCCG would be much higher than if they were to play today. So you may be better off taking the futures bet but not a significant difference.

USing some rough #'s, -290 vs NCST, -150 vs VT, +1000 vs Clem, -320 v Duke, -450 v Cuse and -150 in ACCCG, would pay out ~65-1. But an "11-1 Wake team" going into the ACCCG would prob be rated around 15th in S&P vs a #40 or so Coastal champ so line could be a lot higher than -150 and make the payout just under 60-1.

Fun to dream anyway...

FWIW, if Clemson is a 25 to 28 point favorite when WF plays at Clemson in a couple weeks, the money line on that game (and a lot of books don't post money lines on games with that high of spread) WF would be at least +2000 (20 to 1 payout). As an example the money line on the Oklahoma/K State game last weekend was a little less than that and Oklahoma was a 23.5 point favorite. Some guy bet $30,000 on Oklahoma on the money line to win $1500. Ouch.

So, if you just bet WF on the money line and role it over every time, you would make more than 60 to 1, unless something crazy happened like a Trevor Lawrence injury before the WF Clemson game.

Oklahoma's price is irrelevant here. K State only paid out about 11 or 12-1. Wake should be between +1000 and +1300 vs Clemson assuming your book offers it.

Back