• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Caesar's Book Odds to Win ACC...

It'll be higher. You could get Illinois over Wisconsin 50/1 some places

DeacsATS mythical bankroll begins w/ $100 on Wake Forest -290 over NCSU... Potential payout of $34.48.

Will "wager" on Wednesday mornings every week until we lose...

I'd imagine that has to do with us essentially having to win out just to get to the ACC Championship whereas its a crapshoot in the Coastal and if any of them make it they have a minor chance.

You should keep in mind that in order to win the ACC you have to get to the ACCCG and then win the ACCCG. Having Clemson in your division makes the first part of that equation much more difficult.

Wake has to beat Clemson + win out + beat Coastal team. Coastal teams have to win out + beat Clemson.

Either way someone is going to have to upset Clemson to win the ACC and doesn't really make sense why there's such a difference in odds between the team that has to beat them during the reg season and the team that has to beat them in the ACCCG

Wake has to win out six times in a row. Most Coastal teams still have an OOC game and have one less game left because Wake already had their bye. Wake can beat Clemson and still not even get a shot at the ACCCG. Coastal teams can lose a game and still make the ACCCG since they’re not trailing an undefeated team with only two conference games left like Clemson has.

I’m sure there are more reasons than this but that covers plenty for why Wake’s odds are worse.

Not to mention that Wake has to play at Clemson, while the ACCCG would be at a neutral site (though filled with plenty of Clemson fans).

Agree that Wake's odds are about right because of the Clemson factor, but Miami and Duke odds seems way out of place. Hell, I'd have UNC with the second best odds being that they are tied for first and they could potentially have tiebreakers over Duke, UVA, and Miami if it they were to tie with any of those teams at regular season's end.

Duke odds seem off to me for sure. Miami has the same issue they’ve had all year re: public perception/record v. advanced stats (where the truth lies somewhere in the middle). They’re definitely better than most think they are (statistically dominated plenty of games they’ve actually lost) but probably a little worse than computers show they are based solely on their play

Duke odds seem off to me for sure. Miami has the same issue they’ve had all year re: public perception/record v. advanced stats (where the truth lies somewhere in the middle). They’re definitely better than most think they are (statistically dominated plenty of games they’ve actually lost) but probably a little worse than computers show they are based solely on their play

Miami was also statistically dominated in at least two of their wins: UVA and Pitt. They were also fortunate to win against C Michigan. Just don't see Miami as an under-valued team.

I threw a bet on Wake to win the Atlantic before the season at +12500. I'm not mad at that value

DeacsATS mythical bankroll begins w/ $100 on Wake Forest -290 over NCSU... Potential payout of $34.48.

Will "wager" on Wednesday mornings every week until we lose...

Forgot to wager on Wednesday...

This week, I'll roll over my 134.48 into a ML wager on the Deacs at -130... Potential payout of $103.45 (total of 237.93 for next week's big Clemson wager)

Wake not only has to beat Clemson but also win every remaining game (plus ACCCG). UVA makes the title game with two wins (plus ACCCG). So wake has to win five games compared to UVA three. Also UVA has scenarios where they can lose to GT and still go.

Last edited:
Back