• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Camp back for Vandy?

RacerDeac

#iwasright #rjlies
Reaction score
From Scout forums:
59Deac said:
Per Kenny Beck - Camp is eying being back for the Vandy game. That is 4 weeks and he thinks it will be healed enough by then.

Awful, awful idea IMO. Get healthy, get drafted. I get that it's not Camp's style to assume the season is over, but hopefully the coaches, his family and any potential agents get in his ear and convince him otherwise.

If we need a win for bowl eligibility I can see Camp playing.

Yep- unless we have Camp in the lineup for the Dook game after the bye week, no need to hurry back.

5-7 as Wake will somehow win one of those two games to add to the heartache of the ULM debacle and bowl game dagger.

Selfishly I would love to see him lace it up one more time as a Deacon. For Camp though I would just urge him to only come back if he's 100% ready to go. He has a future ahead of him and it's not worth one final swan song to damage chances to get paid next year.

Here's an old article on clavicle injuries. 4 weeks seems aggressive after reading the article but I've seen speculation that Aaron Rodgers could be back in 3 weeks. Camp take a lot of hits though so it seems risky. If it does get re-injured against Vandy he'd have about 12 weeks from then until the combine. I'm sure he'd be healed by then but he may not be in optimal condition.

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=nfldk2k12ryanmathews

Selfishly I would love to see him lace it up one more time as a Deacon. For Camp though I would just urge him to only come back if he's 100% ready to go. He has a future ahead of him and it's not worth one final swan song to damage chances to get paid next year.

This. Love the kid. Love his toughness. But don't ruin your NFL dreams for a chance to play in a Detroit bowl game.

If we're 5-6 when we play Vandy, he'll play. Thats just the kind of competitor he is.

If we're 5-6 when we play Vandy, he'll play. Thats just the kind of competitor he is.

Heck, just use him as a decoy. Hopefully another WR will step up to be the primary receiver by then.

Just save it for the combine Camp, I would much rather see you play every Sunday than a meaningless game against Vandy.

I always questioned why we risked him for punt returns...

Because we didn't have anybody else. Weird how many seasons we haven't had a legit punt returner and a revolving door of kick returners.

Because we didn't have anybody else. Weird how many seasons we haven't had a legit punt returner and a revolving door of kick returners.

Scared the crap out of me every time Crump fielded a punt last Saturday. I guess the good news is most likely we won't have to worry about receiving too many punts this Saturday.

Personally I think it should be entirely left up to Camp, provided he's got the doctor's okay to play. He deserves to end his college career the way he wants to, if that means coming back against Vandy if technically he's cleared by the doctor's fine, if that means him deciding discretion is the better part of valor and not playing against Vandy, that's fine too. The kid sure ain't got nothing else to prove to me.

Yeah, but Syracuse gave him a cheap shot on a punt where he'd called fair catch prior to the collar bone that shook him up as well.

oh yeah, and everyone on here was bitching about SU playing dirty and all i could think about was this.

Needless to say, Baylor and Wake have gone in different directions.

Back