• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Camp back for Vandy?

oh yeah, and everyone on here was bitching about SU playing dirty and all i could think about was this.

Why? What was dirty about Curry's play? The guy didn't signal for a fair catch as per the rules. The refs got that one wrong.

Why? What was dirty about Curry's play? The guy didn't signal for a fair catch as per the rules. The refs got that one wrong.

did you even watch the video? 0:07 he did signal. i remember even feeling bad as a wake fan for that hit.

Because we have to self-flagellate at any given opportunity, Racer. Because we're miserable Wake fans.

did you even watch the video? 0:07 he did signal. i remember even feeling bad as a wake fan for that hit.

We discussed this for pages when it actually happened. Have you read the rule? He didn't legally signal. He wasn't even close. Legal hit by Curry. I bet that guy learned to signal correctly the rest of his career.

Last edited:
NCAA football rules 2-7-2 and 2-7-3 define a valid and invalid fair-catch signal. They read as follows:
Valid Signal
ARTICLE 2. A valid signal is a signal given by a player of Team B who has obviously signaled his intention by extending one hand only clearly above his head and waving that hand from side to side of his body more than once.

Invalid Signal
ARTICLE 3. An invalid signal is any waving signal by a player of Team B that does not meet the requirements of a valid signal (Rule 6-5-3).

Hey zq...care to watch that video again and respond?

Hey zq...care to watch that video again and respond?

hey racer, being a pretentious ass is totally working for you. keep it up. 99 times out of 100 if a player moves his hand whatsofuckingever while the punt is in the air the referee's will grant him the fair catch. like these NCAA rules are enforced to a complete T on a consistent level anyways. laughable.

[Redacted] would have Camp back by Duke.

Signed,
Tony Chennault and Greg McClinton

Just save it for the combine Camp, I would much rather see you play every Sunday than a meaningless game against Vandy.
This thread is a little strange in that Camp is being encouraged not to put his body at risk, given how much grief Chris Givens got on the boards for apparently refusing to put his body at risk during our bowl game. Guess it goes to show how much Camp is truly loved and respected as one of our all-time greats.

This thread is a little strange in that Camp is being encouraged not to put his body at risk, given how much grief Chris Givens got on the boards for apparently refusing to put his body at risk during our bowl game. Guess it goes to show how much Camp is truly loved and respected as one of our all-time greats.

Big difference in being concerned about a guy maybe coming back too early from an injury and a guy that was healthy and decided to intentially tank it in a bowl game.

hey racer, being a pretentious ass is totally working for you. keep it up. 99 times out of 100 if a player moves his hand whatsofuckingever while the punt is in the air the referee's will grant him the fair catch. like these NCAA rules are enforced to a complete T on a consistent level anyways. laughable.

Attacking others when you're wrong seems to work well for you. My little boy does that too.

There are plenty of cases where the refs get this one right. But your made up stat of 99 out of 100 sounds really convincing, so we'll go with that.

It's really pretty simple. Either Curry's hit was illegal or it wasn't. It matters little what the ref actually called when the rule is blatantly clear. Hell, we have a video up in another thread now where a safety was called while the player was a good 3-4 yards from the end zone. By your account, it must have been a safety. You posted on the thread...strange, I don't see any posts in support of the ref making a bad call there.

Curry played to the rules on that play. There's plenty of negative that can be said about Curry since he left Wake, but this play isn't one of them.

Last edited:
Big difference in being concerned about a guy maybe coming back too early from an injury and a guy that was healthy and decided to intentially tank it in a bowl game.

Yeah. Not similar. At all.

Givens was also leaving with a year of eligibility left for the NFL, so...

so...Chris did what was best for Chris. He pulled a Clowney when he maxed out his college resume'. Hearing about his humble family financial situation, who could blame him. We didn't lose the bowl game because of him.

Attacking others when you're wrong seems to work well for you. My little boy does that too.

There are plenty of cases where the refs get this one right. But your made up stat of 99 out of 100 sounds really convincing, so we'll go with that.

It's really pretty simple. Either Curry's hit was illegal or it wasn't. It matters little what the ref actually called when the rule is blatantly clear. Hell, we have a video up in another thread now where a safety was called while the player was a good 3-4 yards from the end zone. By your account, it must have been a safety. You posted on the thread...strange, I don't see any posts in support of the ref making a bad call there.

Curry played to the rules on that play. There's plenty of negative that can be said about Curry since he left Wake, but this play isn't one of them.

i just fucking hate most of the calls made in todays football. this pretty much sums up how games are officiated now..

Back