• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Camp Has Broken Collarbone - Likely Out for Rest of the Season

Really sad for Camp. At the end of last year, he went off on the piss poor attitude of some of his teammates (Nikita too). That is when I thought this year could be special. Thanks Grobe. We should be bowl eligible right now! Let's see how he heals. Will he go to the senior bowl? How about the combine? But never forget the Idzik factor. He's got a little pipeline going up north to gang green.

Broken clavicle is normally 6-8 weeks, I think. So he probably wouldn't be back even if Wake made a bowl game (not happening now), but he should be fully recovered in time to get ready for the combine/draft. Camp was getting quite a bit of talk this season. I bet he gets drafted anyway, though likely 5th or 6th round now. In any case, I wish him a speedy recovery and best of luck in the spring.

Well, it can take as long a 6 months to fully heal. If you are in a non-contact sport you can participate much sooner. For example cyclist, where broken collar bones are quite frequent, can sometime ride immediately depending on they type of break and usually in a few week. Doctor's advice: 'don't fall on it again while it's healing'. So I doubt a football player it going to be cleared to play before 3 months.

Well, it can take as long a 6 months to fully heal. If you are in a non-contact sport you can participate much sooner. For example cyclist, where broken collar bones are quite frequent, can sometime ride immediately depending on they type of break and usually in a few week. Doctor's advice: 'don't fall on it again while it's healing'. So I doubt a football player it going to be cleared to play before 3 months.

Didn't Duke's QB Boone break his collar bone this season? He was back playing in at most four games it seems. (Didn't look it up)

Hate it for Camp. This will give fans a chance to see a preview of our suck next year.

Didn't Duke's QB Boone break his collar bone this season? He was back playing in at most four games it seems. (Didn't look it up)

Looks like maybe 5 weeks or so (they had an open week). While there are many variations to the broken collar bone (i.e. Boone didn't need surgery), I would think that a WR that will sustain contact every time he catches the ball would take longer to be cleared to play. The biggest risk for the QB would be getting sacked, I would think.

Lol slim nice aggression out of nowhere when you're clearly wrong.

Lot of variables with this. An elite athlete like camp may go for surgery. Weekend warrior you'd potentially put the arm in a sling and let it heal. I hope he's full tilt by combine time.

Duke Johnson of Miami broke his ankle tonight. Two of ACC's best go down on same day. Rough

Duke Johnson of Miami broke his ankle tonight. Two of ACC's best go down on same day. Rough

Surprised it's his ankle and not facemask grabbin' hand.

Sad, this is really sad. I wanted Camp to break the ACC all time receiving record.

Back