• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Camp to Ravens

Love seeing Justin getting a chance with the Lions. As far as Harris goes, I wouldn't waste my time with him either. Outside of that fluke of the VT game he never showed anything other than he couldn't break a tackle by a 100lb punter.

The atmosphere in the football locker room and surrounding the program over the last 2-3 years was toxic...the previous coaching staff had a lot to do with this. To put the blame of any shortcomings or disappointments 100% on the shoulders of an 18-22 year old kid is not looking at both sides of the story.

Yes, Josh (and several other players) had what we perceive to be an attitude problem. Josh (and several other players) were very frustrated with the previous coaching staff (as was most of the fan base) for many reasons...one of them being the staff's fondness of calling players out in the media before ever speaking with them man to man...and most of the staff having a very "hands off" approach to coaching.

To say that there needed to be a coaching change was putting it mildly...

Now, I am NOT saying the Josh is innocent and misunderstood, because he could have handled his business in a more mature manner, and should have saved a lot of his comments on social media for private discussion, however, when your coaches are not approachable and their door is closed more than open, twitter rants happen.

I didn't realize the knock on Camp was route running - esp when his projected role was "Wes Welker" slot receiver.

Thanks KVegas. That puts this in context. It still doesn't excuse Harris. This staff gave him a shot few would. He was injured his senior year of HS and was a 2* with little interest. He's probably among WF career leaders in carries.

I didn't realize the knock on Camp was route running - esp when his projected role was "Wes Welker" slot receiver.

I don't understand this. He gets open. He's ridiculously good at getting open.

To use a grobeism. Harris was always a finger pointer and not a thumb pointer. Never did it seem that he ever looked himself in the mirror (other than selfies) and ask "what did I do wrong here?" Although I'm sure there were plenty of circumstances the coaches were at fault, he was no angel either... It appears.

Thanks KVegas. That puts this in context. It still doesn't excuse Harris. This staff gave him a shot few would. He was injured his senior year of HS and was a 2* with little interest. He's probably among WF career leaders in carries.

Absolutely agree...Harris is not absolved from the negative behavior he displayed while at Wake and I'm afraid his Twitter activity only spotlights his immaturity and inability to take responsibility for his actions. Airing his dirty laundry on Twitter is only proving WF coaches character evaluation of him to be correct.

I just hate to see the kid constantly vilified when some of his actions are simply a symptom of the cancer our football program had under the previous staff.

Absolutely agree...Harris is not absolved from the negative behavior he displayed while at Wake and I'm afraid his Twitter activity only spotlights his immaturity and inability to take responsibility for his actions. Airing his dirty laundry on Twitter is only proving WF coaches character evaluation of him to be correct.

I just hate to see the kid constantly vilified when some of his actions are simply a symptom of the cancer our football program had under the previous staff.

Interesting comments. I am surprised that he didn't get an UFA deal, but when I saw that he didn't, I figured the staff trashed him. If Harris legitimately rant a 4.28 though, someone would have taken a flyer on him.

Of course, then there is this from his dad: Darrell Harris III ‏@dh3dallas 2h

@JoshHarris25 @simplyCoachO SO disheartening is for 5yrs & we entrusted them to help develop and coach our son not hurt #Justiceforjosh

Justice for Josh? Come on, man.

Glad for camp. Hope he does well in Baltimore. Would have liked to see him in a Panthers uniform.

Of course, then there is this from his dad: Darrell Harris III ‏@dh3dallas 2h

@JoshHarris25 @simplyCoachO SO disheartening is for 5yrs & we entrusted them to help develop and coach our son not hurt #Justiceforjosh

Justice for Josh? Come on, man.

His parents would tweet at the official Wake football account telling them he needed more carries. I can't say I'm shocked by this tweet. A for alliteration.

Interesting comments. I am surprised that he didn't get an UFA deal, but when I saw that he didn't, I figured the staff trashed him. If Harris legitimately rant a 4.28 though, someone would have taken a flyer on him.

You actually believed that nonsense? His official time was closer to 4.5. One of his friends with a quick finger on the stopwatch got him at 4.28 and he ran with it.

Graduation is actually next Monday, 5/19. Hopefully Josh gets the sheepskin then.

I don't think the staff should have trashed him to interested teams, and I don't think teams should put much worth into the words of coaches who can't even find D-1 jobs.

Needless to say- there were problems everywhere in the football program...the main one being most of our coaches were completely out of sync/out of touch with the players and unapproachable.

Back