• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Camp to Ravens

Other notable Ravens to wear No. 6: K Steven Hauschka

Does Jacoby Jones return punts or just kickoffs for the Ravens? Hopefully Camp can see some time as a punt returner.

Jones was injured for a good part of last season.

Jones and Tandon Doss split time returning punts last season, but Doss is now with the Jags.

The tendency on Ravens STs is to have another guy returning punts if the punt is from the midfield area (where it's likely to be a fair catch). But if the LOS is deeper in the punting team's territory where a return is more likely, it's usually Jones back there. I don't think Camp is going to see a ton of snaps this year, barring injuries at WR. However, I'm hoping he fills the slot WR position once Steve Smith retires or is cut in a year or 2.

Camp will be fighting five other guys for a single roster spot. His only advantage is that the Ravens already know the other guys suck.

1. Torrey Smith

2. Steve Smith

3. Marlon Brown

4. Jacoby Jones

-----------------------------------------

5. Michael Campanaro

6. Deonte Thompson

7. Kamar Aiken

8. Gerrard Sheppard

9. LaQuan Williams

10. Jeremy Butler

Of course, then there is this from his dad: Darrell Harris III ‏@dh3dallas 2h

@JoshHarris25 @simplyCoachO SO disheartening is for 5yrs & we entrusted them to help develop and coach our son not hurt #Justiceforjosh

Justice for Josh? Come on, man.

I pictured Cris Carter saying "COME ON, MAN!" as I read this.

#Justiceforjosh has a lot of potential
SO disheartening is for 5yrs & Josh avoided ice cream machine at the Pit to retain figure #Justiceforjosh

Camp will be fighting five other guys for a single roster spot. His only advantage is that the Ravens already know the other guys suck.

1. Torrey Smith

2. Steve Smith

3. Marlon Brown

4. Jacoby Jones

-----------------------------------------

5. Michael Campanaro

6. Deonte Thompson

7. Kamar Aiken

8. Gerrard Sheppard

9. LaQuan Williams

10. Jeremy Butler

Guys #6-10 on your list are camp fodder. Deonte is on the outs as far as the organization is concerned. He's fast, but he's a body catcher who isn't the greatest route runner. LaQuan is a good kid and shows something in the preseason but hasn't been able to show anything in the regular season or stick with a team for long - more of a ST player. The other guy competing for a WR spot will be Mellette, last year's 7th round choice, who was stored on IR or the PS last year, forget which. Camp should make the roster easily if healthy as long as he doesn't throw up all over himself in August. But if Mellette shows something, and Camp is nicked up, maybe there's a chance they stash him on IR this year and make him active next year to eventually take over for Smith in the slot.

The list assumes that the top 4 will remain healthy throughout training camp. Steve Smith is 1000 years-old, and has been nagged by injuries. Assuming Camp is not injured, I will be surprised is he does not make the Ravens roster.

The list assumes that the top 4 will remain healthy throughout training camp. Steve Smith is 1000 years-old, and has been nagged by injuries. Assuming Camp is not injured, I will be surprised is he does not make the Ravens roster.

Not to mention Jones was injured for a good stretch last year and Brown had injury issues last year and his senior year at UGA.

So Camp won't be alone with injury concerns.

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 4m
Ravens have signed seventh-round WR Michael Campanaro to a $2.287 million deal that includes a $67,500 bonus, max value of $2.40 million

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 4m
Ravens have signed seventh-round WR Michael Campanaro to a $2.287 million deal that includes a $67,500 bonus, max value of $2.40 million

Isn't this a lot of money for a 7th rounder?

$600k/year if he hits the incentives sounds about right. UDFA's get $450k which is the minimum for any NFL contract.

Back