• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Campanaro Combine

RangersboysWFBB

Reaction score
After the Wr day of the combine, Catscratchreader wrote that the next Steve Smith might not be Brandin Cooks, but actually Michael Campanaro. They have a cool chart comparing the 2 and also posted a highlight video of Camp just dogging people out.

you can view the rest of the article here.
http://www.catscratchreader.com/2014/2/24/5441994/2014-nfl-draft-panthers-michael-campanaro

Even though I think the combine is overrated, I really think Camp helped himself out allot. His measurables just clarified the raw speed, quickness, and hands you see on tape.

Really Happy for him.

Steve Smith vs. Campanaro, by the numbers
5'9 5'11
184 lbs192 lbs
4.41 4.44
1.51 1.53
7.44 6.77
4.25 4.01
35 rec, 743 yds, 4 TD 67 rec, 803 yds, 6 TD
Smith vs. Campanaro, by the numbers

Last edited:
Yeah. We've been pushing Camp as the next Smitty for years.

Even though Camp has a slightly better vertical, I can't imagine Camp having the aerial ability Smitty had during his most productive years. Nor the leg drive to power through open field tackles.

as long as he doesn't go to the Pats...

as long as he doesn't go to the Pats...

If I had to guess, the Pats would be my pick. They draft based upon projected productivity, and not on pre-conceived bias.

Biggest knock on camp is durability. That will scare some teams off. But the fact that he put up that 40 time will definitely help him.

Even though Camp has a slightly better vertical, I can't imagine Camp having the aerial ability Smitty had during his most productive years. Nor the leg drive to power through open field tackles.

Camp wouldn't play exactly the same as Smith plays now, IMO. Camp would play more of the slot rather than going down field for jump balls as often. And, based on the numbers, Camp is notably quicker in the cone/shuttle than Smith, so he'd have less tackles to drive through since he's better at juking them. That said, there's plenty of times in the video highlights that Camp gets hit and manages to continue churning and fall forward for a significant chunk of yards.

So happy for Camp; he will be a solid NFLer. I only wish the Jets land him in green.

For WR's, Camp is T13th for 40dy dash, T4th for Bench, T6th for Vertical, 11th for 3 cone, T8th for 20yd shuttle, and 5th for 60yd shuttle. The only metric he's not top 15 for is Broad Jump, and he's exactly 1 inch short of being T15th, in 16th in that metric.

That's a damn solid combine.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see him play for the pats............ fuck.....

He would look good with a star on his helmet.

Is he good at tackling DB's on their Int runbacks? :)

Smitty's deep routes take the top off the defense. Camp in the slot won't do that, and he'll need someone else to do that to give him room to work underneath. I'd love to see him in Carolina, too, but they need a deep threat. Pats need the same if one of their current WR's can't do it.

Is he good at tackling DB's on their Int runbacks? :)

Smitty's deep routes take the top off the defense. Camp in the slot won't do that, and he'll need someone else to do that to give him room to work underneath. I'd love to see him in Carolina, too, but they need a deep threat. Pats need the same if one of their current WR's can't do it.

I think Carolina should go after 2WRs in this draft. A big play threat in the 1st round and Camp/underneath guy in the 4-7th range.

^ I agree. I just wish Carolina had a better record drafting WR's.

What's that you say?

Dwayne+Jarrett+Carolina+Panthers+v+New+York+a_pZU_5xYGwl.jpg

Camp got injured because he was the only offensive threat the Deacs had. He should never have been used on returning kick. I know his hands are good, but it was counter productive to use him the way Grobe used him. If he gets drafted by a team with some balance and a couple of good receivers, he will not take the beating he did at Wake. Would love to see him as a Panther, but I too am betting he'll end up in NE as the next Wes Welker.

Back