• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Campanaro Combine

I'm generally a Reff supporter, but this is a dick statement. Breaks easily? Tell that to his face.

OK, he tends to get hurt easily and was on the IR many times at Wake after breaking things. How about that? While he was our go to receiver and was an awesome player to watch, especially with his great hands and yards after the catch, they do tend to hit harder in the NFL than they do in the ACC. Would you not agree with that statement deacondamo? Last year he broke something while stiff-arming a Duke players face mask and missed several games and this past season he broke his collar bone returning a punt.

So while I think he could be just like a Steve Smith or Wes Welker in the NFL, he will have to prove far more durable than he was at Wake Forest. What was not true about what I said?

He got hurt because he was our only legitimate threat. He probably got hit more than the rest of the receivers combined.

He got hurt because he was our only legitimate threat. He probably got hit more than the rest of the receivers combined.

This +.

So Camp now has a rep for injuries which may cost him a couple rounds in the draft.

Commentators list him as a "slot" receiver cause at Wake he rarely had time to get downfield due to the mostly ineffective O line. I think he can be effective split wide as his speed suggests.

Last edited:

Considering that he was catching 15+ balls in some games and almost all of them were over the middle I would say that he's been pretty durable if you look at a hits "taken : injury" ratio. His injuries seem to be very impact related. The guys that you worry about are the guys that are always tearing ligaments and having stress fractures and such. I haven't looked back, but the injuries I remember from camp are broken hand and broken collar bone....I know he had some others, but the broken bones are purely from taking hits

Camp needs to go to the Falcons, gives them a Welker slot guy for Matty Ice and frees up Roddy/Julio to go deep on the outside.

Camp needs to go to the Falcons, gives them a Welker slot guy for Matty Ice and frees up Roddy/Julio to go deep on the outside.

This is a good shout.

He still needs to end up with a star on his helmet. The Falcons can have Cole Beasley instead.

I love the "[Wake athlete] should play for [my favorite team], he'd be a perfect fit!" posts.

I love the "[Wake athlete] should play for [my favorite team], he'd be a perfect fit!" posts.

284c240a78a140589bffdaf438b7ff14--nfl_large_580_Unlimited.jpg

I'd love to see Camp with the Skins, but they never do smart things, so I'm pretty much fucked on this one. Instead they'll re-sign Brian Orakpo for a 20 year, $200 mil deal and get Hakeem Nicks in FA only to have him suffer a compound fracture of his femur in the first quarter week 2.

Fuck you. You called me out on "intangibles" when I made "said comparison"...

You're talking about this exchange.

I'd love to see Camp get a shot with the Panthers. If he went to Denver it would be a great opportunity for him to learn under Welker (best slot receiver in the game), and Manning. That's probably the best case scenario for Mike.

Like learning under Smitty would suck. You actively passed up an appropriate cross-race comparison.

That's a great post, ph.

We should not forget that Campanaro, @ Death Valley, scored without even being "tagged" from over 50 yards out. Usually somebody will at least touch 'you'.

He also has the best individual play I've seen by a Deacon in the highlight versus NCSU. (Phonz's interception and return was much more meaningful and clutch). Nevertheless,as a single demonstration of athletic prowess...it stands as a gem. Tanner Price delivers a rocket-slant perfectly to a racing Campanaro...and from there, it is pure "Sandlot" as Mike's instincts take hold and he commences 'using' all 4 Wolf Pack secondary-men. Abuse of Amerson, Wolff, etc.,... About 3 pro footballers.

This guy is special...he'll have to become as tough and gritty as Steve Smith, but he could do it.Great comparison, IMO.

Camp doesn't have Smith's intangibles but not many do.

I was agreeing with you, Lectro.

Camp is lucky he got out of Wake alive. Lobo did everything he could think of to get him killed.

As cute as that sounds the guy did get Campanaro a ton of touches in what should be his NFL sweet spot.

Sometimes you gotta pick and choose your spots...even those that warrant a pile on, eh?

I'd love to see Camp with the Skins, but they never do smart things, so I'm pretty much fucked on this one. Instead they'll re-sign Brian Orakpo for a 20 year, $200 mil deal and get Hakeem Nicks in FA only to have him suffer a compound fracture of his femur in the first quarter week 2.

I saw a tweet saying Ike Hilliard was a big fan of Camp in the interviews.

Back