• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Campbell at Wake Forest (-33.5) 7 pm Tonight (10/2) - ACCN

Is it just my tv, or does our field look terrible? It looks old and faded. I guess they’re waiting until after the season to replace it with the updated logos and branding?

I thought the same thing. Hope it will be replaced during the off season.

Is it just my tv, or does our field look terrible? It looks old and faded. I guess they’re waiting until after the season to replace it with the updated logos and branding?

The BB&T merger with Sun Trust to become Truist is just in the beginning of rebranding everything. So I would expect to see "Truist Field" with a new surface for 2021

No wonder the coaches want to get him on the field behind Roberson and Morin.

Ellison is a tough runner. Interesting that he's getting 3rd string snaps.

Cooley is hurt and Flowers opted out not sure why Marshall isn’t playing.

Cooley is hurt and Flowers opted out not sure why Marshall isn’t playing.

Marshall had the last two carries of the game. Would assume he's just behind Drawdy at this point. I know he was hurt last year so I don't think it's any cause for concern at this point.

That was the best I’ve seen CBS play but Walker is just a special runner. Hope he can get his pass blocking issues figured out because he needs to be the guy. Still a great asset to have two quality RBs we can rotate like that.

Last night was a fun game to watch, not sure how much we learned about our team. The defense got better as the game went on, but did nothing to make us feel better about it. The offense is pretty good I think. Sam can deliver the football and we’ve got several guys he can go to and we have talent at RB, especially Walker. Beal-Smith showed what he can do, if he gets room to run, but will he get enough room to run against good teams. Walker just has such good vision of where to go to find running room. If the offensive can hold up and open running lanes and keep the pressure off of Sam more often than not, the offense will have success. Can the defense stop anybody? Have we been anywhere near full strength in the secondary yet though?

Just want to gives props to Mike Minter and Campbell. I think that program is really good shape for when they get back to Big South play next year. Yeah, I know the score was bad, but it is evident they’ve got some nice pieces especially on offense. Former Carolina Panther Mike Minter has done one heck of a job considering this is just their 3rd year of playing scholarship football. I think he was very wise in his decision to play the 4 game schedule this year against FBS schools. That program got more exposure in 4 games than it’s gotten in the 12 years since the program started back after decades of not having a football program. 3 of their four games were on national TV, that’s got to help them much more than playing a Spring Big South season that nobody will pay attention to. Anyway, I know I’m going on and on about Campbell, but I’m a big Mike Minter fan and just think he deserves a lot of credit. I’m sure bigger opportunities lay ahead for him, if he wants them.

I'm sure most of you (wisely) checked out at the end of the game if not a bit sooner, but I enjoyed zeroing in on Boogie during the post-game handshake between the two teams.
He went out of his way to speak to as many Camels as possible; looked like a politician running for reelection, but with obviously nothing at stake for his part other than giving a little encouragement to guys who won't be spending their Sundays as he will after graduation. That and Boogie's enthusiasm for the back-ups from the sideline; nothing but a class act and great rep for the University.

I'm sure most of you (wisely) checked out at the end of the game if not a bit sooner, but I enjoyed zeroing in on Boogie during the post-game handshake between the two teams.
He went out of his way to speak to as many Camels as possible; looked like a politician running for reelection, but with obviously nothing at stake for his part other than giving a little encouragement to guys who won't be spending their Sundays as he will after graduation. That and Boogie's enthusiasm for the back-ups from the sideline; nothing but a class act and great rep for the University.

Good observation. Any speculation on Masterson.

Nitpicking here but the Campbell trick play had probably 3 offensive linemen illegally way downfield.

Just watched it again. I remembered two laterals, but the second one was like two yards forward. So yeah, should’ve been a penalty.

Just watched it again. I remembered two laterals, but the second one was like two yards forward. So yeah, should’ve been a penalty.

Not a rules expert as I first thought the same about linemen downfield. But, watched the replay and the pass was completed behind the LOS. I think that makes the 2nd throw forward legal.

Unfortunately, nothing from this game gives any hope that the prognosis for the remaining schedule is positive. 362 yards to Campbell (same range as their previous 4 non P6 opponents) is what sticks out the most. Average ACC teams (like NCSU) will have no problem amassing 500-700 yards of O, in which 9/10 times, results in a W. If D performed at Clawson average level, maybe we'd have a shot at a couple of more wins. But not with this current D. I don't really understand it.

If you have 7 years of building, achieve a level of success, why can't you get the recruits and coaches that can get it done at this level? Grobe had the same problem. When he lost the bulk (players and coaches) of the successful build, he couldn't replace the mixture with one that could achieve sustained success.

Last edited:
Couldn't edit. But, I'd bet Campbell went over that play with the officials before the game to alert them.

Couldn't edit. But, I'd bet Campbell went over that play with the officials before the game to alert them.

Do coaches have such pregame “mindsetting” discussions with refs? That would help explain some of the weird officiating historically vs. certain opponents.

That’s not necessarily mindsetting. It’s just giving the refs a heads up and making sure the play is legal so make sure they don’t blow an inadvertent whistle. I think the Presby coach did the same thing before they ran their trick play.

I noticed all that too. And the announcers talked about Boogie wanting to come back - when he could have been a first round draft pick - because he wanted to finish with the guys he came in with. Said they would be his friends for life. He’s having a great time and wants it to last a little longer.

Back