• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Campus Grounds

That chick really hates Campus Grounds. I'm not sure I've ever heard such a strongly negative opinion of a coffee shop.

I am not certain if this is true (or was ever true), but I was always under the impression that many, if not all, of the employees were work-study students, meaning that their wages were subsidized by the government. If so, that would go a long way to increasing the profitability of the place.

Also, I'm curious as to why the writing at OG&B seems to be so terrible. The last couple things I've seen from them don't flow well and contain basic grammatical errors.

#nosat

I am not certain if this is true (or was ever true), but I was always under the impression that many, if not all, of the employees were work-study students, meaning that their wages were subsidized by the government. If so, that would go a long way to increasing the profitability of the place.

To quote from the comments of a past manager:

"The only funding not derived from sales is the fact that the baristas who work here are eligible for Federal Work-Study. Federal Work-Study is a campus-based award categorized as ‘student self-help’ and pays 70% of the pay earned by the students whilst Campus Grounds revenue pays for the other 30%."

Give it back to Greek life, k thnx.

To quote from the comments of a past manager:

"The only funding not derived from sales is the fact that the baristas who work here are eligible for Federal Work-Study. Federal Work-Study is a campus-based award categorized as ‘student self-help’ and pays 70% of the pay earned by the students whilst Campus Grounds revenue pays for the other 30%."

SWEET, I was right.

Back