• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Can we just demolish the upper left corner of the visitor side of BB&T?

TripleDeac21

Reaction score
I haven't seen students sitting there in 5 years. It's so obvious on TV when the cameramen are intentionally avoiding showing it on the broadcast. Bowl-eligible for the first time since 2011 and our student body still won't come out. SMH.

I guess today is Senior Fifth. Is the school forcing the sororities to have their date functions?

Yup I agree. I had a good time tonight in Death Valley watching Wake and Clempson play. Geez.

Yup I agree. I had a good time tonight in Death Valley watching Wake and Clempson play. Geez.

Agree. I sit in the black seats on the west and was surrounded by Clemson faithful. I am tired of it. I wonder why the seats rights people pay the extra bucks and then resell or give their tickets away. Do they need a meal and are otherwise broke?

Can we just demolish the upper left corner of the visitor side of BB&T?

If the orange-overall rubes can't fill the section up, no one can.

Agree. I sit in the black seats on the west and was surrounded by Clemson faithful. I am tired of it. I wonder why the seats rights people pay the extra bucks and then resell or give their tickets away. Do they need a meal and are otherwise broke?

Because they don't feel like going to seven fucking football games, especially what the team's not really that good. A lot of people who bought those seat licenses live out of town and did it as a show of good faith for the football program.

Is there still that private section for student groups that started last year?

I hate to say it but I have to agree with Biff. Not only do students have a lot more stuff to entertain themselves than we did when I was at Wake -- where to us FB games were big affairs -- the team remains somewhat weak and has an anemic (boring) offense. The harangue against students just seems a little premature and obligatory given how the admin caused/allowed our primary sports teams to founder at a point when we were making historical gains. Will we also complain about the lack of news coverage for us given our "success"?

Ok. There were so many ways for that to go wrong.

Black curtain? I wish they would move the tv cameras to the other side, but I guess the setting sun would present issues.

Even Bama has student attendance issues these days.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I hate to say it but I have to agree with Biff. Not only do students have a lot more stuff to entertain themselves than we did when I was at Wake -- where to us FB games were big affairs -- the team remains somewhat weak and has an anemic (boring) offense. The harangue against students just seems a little premature and obligatory given how the admin caused/allowed our primary sports teams to founder at a point when we were making historical gains. Will we also complain about the lack of news coverage for us given our "success"?

My four years at Wake we won four games. No one missed football games. Bunch of pussies today.

Even Bama has student attendance issues these days.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yep, back when the 8xDeacs were in school, there weren't 20 (better) games/Saturday on TV. I never missed a game (except one when I had mono) and was always disappointed when my friends did, but I understood where they were coming from

Yep, back when the 8xDeacs were in school, there weren't 20 (better) games/Saturday on TV. I never missed a game (except one when I had mono) and was always disappointed when my friends did, but I understood where they were coming from

You also couldn't watch the game in HD in your dorm room.

We've had this dumb discussion a thousand times. I don't fault anybody for missing a football game because they had something better to do. Wake Forest football has been historically bad to occasionally mediocre. Those who choose not to spend six hours on Saturday attending a tailgate and football game are slightly anti-social at worst. But consistently missing Wake football games during your four years as a student so you can watch one or two of 50 other games on TV that Saturday in your dorm room or lounge (in HD !) is short sighted and dorky.

Black curtain? I wish they would move the tv cameras to the other side, but I guess the setting sun would present issues.

I thought ESPN would at least try to make the game look more interesting by showing the home stands. But every single shot was of the visitor stands. I really wanted Clawson at half time to take three steps to his left before the interview started so that the home side was in his background rather than the visitors. May not have made a huge difference, but would have been slightly better.

I thought ESPN would at least try to make the game look more interesting by showing the home stands. But every single shot was of the visitor stands. I really wanted Clawson at half time to take three steps to his left before the interview started so that the home side was in his background rather than the visitors. May not have made a huge difference, but would have been slightly better.

Well I mean there's no camera locations on the visitor side so the only time you're going to see the home side is from the end zone cams, which don't get used for wide shots that often

Back