• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Carolona is getting their Ass handed to them...

According to Roy, the esteemed God of All Things College Basketball, winning the ACC regular season title doesn't mean shit. Its the ACCT that counts.

Pretty sure I saw Paige bring the ball down the court a lot, so unless I was seeing things, UNC had a PG tonight. Do they have an All ACC/NCAA superstar PG? Why no...they don't. But good coaches find ways to win with subpar PG's who are surrounded by talent every day.

I mean, I get what you're saying, but I don't think their other parts are very good either. JMM is very average, Bullock is a chucker and none of their freshman will get a vote for All-ACC. Not a single vote.

They are a top of the middle tier ACC team. They'll sneak into the dance b/c that's what they do...but they're gone by the first Sunday.

I just can't believe Roy played a walk-on for like 6-8 minutes tonight when he has 3 McD AA's on his roster at guard positions. That is just unbelievably stupid.

I mean, I get what you're saying, but I don't think their other parts are very good either. JMM is very average, Bullock is a chucker and none of their freshman will get a vote for All-ACC. Not a single vote.

They are a top of the middle tier ACC team. They'll sneak into the dance b/c that's what they do...but they're gone by the first Sunday.

So, in your opinion, does Ol Roy recruit McD's or does McD's recruit Roy Boys?

Personally, I think the latter.

So, in your opinion, does Ol Roy recruit McD's or does McD's recruit Roy Boys?

Personally, I think the latter.

I think Roy tries to avoid 1 & dones, and in the process of filtering them out from the top 50, he often targets highly rated duds. When Roy has a team of 8 returning former mcdonalds all-americans, it's not very attractive to a player who's trying to get to the league. Playing a deep bench often just means that you don't have a solid starting 5.

Last edited:
I think Roy Williams just isn't that good of a coach. Phenomenal recruiter but not much of an in-game coach.

He freaking played a walk-on over an McD AA for 5+ minutes. That's stupid.

To reiterate...Coach [Redacted] made more changes at halftime than Coach Williams did to counteract the transition offense of N.C. State. Think about that.

and that makes me happy.

Dirk, how can that possibly make you happy, let alone give you solace.

I was late to game and walked into a 37-7 (? Dwarves help me out here) score and realized buzz is the stripper who doesn't even dry hump you to completion. Just takes your $$. What I saw today in person was horrific.

I think Roy Williams just isn't that good of a coach. Phenomenal recruiter but not much of an in-game coach.

To reiterate...Coach [Redacted] made more changes at halftime than Coach Williams did to counteract the transition offense of N.C. State. Think about that.

You're being a fool, what 2nd half were you watching? They made a 20 point comeback in the 2nd half and were down 5 with a minute to go.

Last edited:

Ken Pom could be a phenomenal recruiter at Kansas and Carolina. Buzz could. What are you talking about?

I don't think he's a phenomenal recruiter. I mean, really...how hard is it to get kids to come to UNC? He can point at Jordan's jersey hanging in the rafters, he can show off his tourney rings, and he can assure kids they can magically earn a degree without ever ging to class.

Buzz could recruit at UNC. Hell, I could convince a kid to come to UNC.

Luke Davis is the only other true point guard at UNC besides Paige, and Jackson Simmons is a scholarship player, so I have no idea what doofus is complaining about. Were that a Wake Forest game everyone would be talking about how we won the 2nd half and praising Bzz for nearly bringing us back.

^dont forget even at unc's worst friggin Doherty recruited pretty good so ya

Does not compute. Carolina scored 57 points in the second half tonight.

You're being a fool, what 2nd half were you watching? They made a 20 point comeback in the 2nd half and were down 5 with a minute to go.

This is exactly what my UNC friends told me about tonight. No way anybody could have rationally watched that game and been proud of what UNC accomplished in the second half. State gave up because they knew they were going to win (that's a different problem for State to deal with).

My bad about Luke Davis, I just thought he was a walk-on based on how he played tonight.

Luke Davis is the only other true point guard at UNC besides Paige, and Jackson Simmons is a scholarship player, so I have no idea what doofus is complaining about. Were that a Wake Forest game everyone would be talking about how we won the 2nd half and praising Bzz for nearly bringing us back.

and yes...Wake Forest in their current position and UNC in their current position are clearly being judged on their same ability to come back from 28 points down in a game.

UNC isn't good and coming back from being down 30 would be impressive for nearly any team, especially un-good teams. They scored 57 in the half and nearly pulled off the comeback, you could find much more reasonable examples of Roy's mediocrity.

Back