• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Carolona is getting their Ass handed to them...

LaSalle leading VCU and beat Butler last week. Maybe we should look at their coach if we can't get Stevens or Shaka.

Major difference is they have a coach who at least got them to compete after being 28 down.

LaSalle has a more successful program than Wake. Hopefully, years down the road, when Coach [Redacted] is ready to retire, Coach Miller from UNCG will be looking to make a move down I-40. Moving from one rival to another can be difficult though.

Major difference is they have a coach who at least got them to compete after being 28 down.

They have a coach who has a team full of Mickey D's and he just got taken to the woodshed by State.

Buzz sucks but he beat State with a bunch of 2 and 3 star 18 year olds.

Screw Roy Williams and the entire UNC athletic dept.

Neither of those teams should ever lose to WF...not with their talent. The disparity in talent is really amazing, especially in terms of big men. Maybe we will catch up???

They have a coach who has a team full of Mickey D's and he just got taken to the woodshed by State.

Buzz beat State with a bunch of 2 and 3 star 18 year olds.

Screw Roy Williams and the entire UNC athletic dept.

Really a testament to Coach [Redacted]. Thanks for posting.

Neither of those teams should ever lose to WF...not with their talent. The disparity in talent is really amazing, especially in terms of big men. Maybe we will catch up???

Yep...yet Roy routinely loses to teams with less talent and people slurp up the Roy is the GOAT BS all day long.

He sucks. He should not be losing with the talent assembled on that team.

Yep...yet Roy routinely loses to teams with less talent and people slurp up the Roy is the GOAT BS all day long.

He sucks. He should not be losing with the talent assembled on that team.

How do you win in college basketball with a freshman point guard going 2-11 from the floor? Name the college basketball teams that have succeeded without a point guard. They don't exist.

How do you win in college basketball with a freshman point guard going 2-11 from the floor? Name the college basketball teams that have succeeded without a point guard. They don't exist.

G- Marcus Paige = Parade AA/McD AA

G- Dexter Strickland = Parade AA/ McD AA

G- Leslie McDonald= Parade AA (4th team)

G- Reggie Bullock = McD AA

James Michael McAdoo = Parade AA/USA Today AA/ McD AA

Cry me a river. 4 All- American guards on that team.

Roy sucks...he made no adjustments and he called no TO's to stop runs and settle his team down.

Last edited:
G- Marcus Paige = Parade AA/McD AA

G- Dexter Strickland = Parade AA/ McD AA

G- Leslie McDonald= Parade AA (4th team)

G- Reggie Bullock = McD AA

James Michael McAdoo = Parade AA/USA Today AA/ McD AA

Cry me a river. 4 All- American guards on that team.

Roy sucks...he made no adjustments and he called no TO's to stop runs and settle his team down.

Two of those guys are coming off snapped ACLs and one is suspended. Bullock is a two guard. Paige is a freshman who clearly is finding his sealegs. I get that some people view Carolina as a monolith, but as an actual basketball machine this year's product is a mishmash of misfit parts.

Carolina's burger boys were all highly overrated and most needed the Carolina bump to get in. Roy is basically trying to win with a bunch of 4 star shooting guards and McAdoo. If Paige's ranking had been accurate, Calipari would have snatched him up like he does every top point recruit.

In the contest of bad and worse, Wake wins hands down. I'm not arguing that, but let's not pretend that a team that lost four 1st round picks is anything but a rebuilding project.

Roy sucks. 4 1st round picks and what did he win last year?

Nada.

Mean Dean would've had that team winning gold in London.

Nada.

Dean Smith is about the worst example you could have used. How many NBA HOFers did he need per championship?

Nada.

You mean, besides the ACC title?

Again, how do you win w/o a point guard? This isn't a hard question, this year or last.

You mean, besides the ACC title?

Again, how do you win w/o a point guard? This isn't a hard question, this year or last.

According to Roy, the esteemed God of All Things College Basketball, winning the ACC regular season title doesn't mean shit. Its the ACCT that counts.

Pretty sure I saw Paige bring the ball down the court a lot, so unless I was seeing things, UNC had a PG tonight. Do they have an All ACC/NCAA superstar PG? Why no...they don't. But good coaches find ways to win with subpar PG's who are surrounded by talent every day.

Back