• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Carry On bags

West End Deac

Living The Last One Down
Reaction score
People are bringing bigger and bigger bags onto planes. It's time for a crackdown. Who is with me? Learn to pack your ish or pay the $25.

Don't get me started...

I fucking hate when they board a plane from the back to the front and the
people in the back stash their bags in the front of the plane so they don't have to carry them. Seriously fuck you fellow traveller who brings a bag so big you could fit a body in it and then doesn't even put it above his own seat.

Oh, I am going to get you started. A lady just brought on a cocker fucking spaniel onto the plane. Cockers are not small dogs nor is her cage. I want Obama and Romney to address this on Wednesday.

Better yet, revert to the days of a free bag for check-in. Unfortunately this has become a legit revenue stream for the airlines and customers aren't that pissed off about it. At least not enough to switch en masse to Southwest or whoever else offers a free check-in.

So once when I got to my seat at the front of the plane there was a bunch of
shit in the overhead so I took it all out and left it in the aisle while I put my duffle bag above my seat. Some guy came up to me and said "what are you doing?!" so I said "this is my overhead bin. I know this because it is conveniently located above my seat". He didn't like that.

While I agree, I'd prefer they build the cost into the price of the ticket, charge everyone and then enforce the bag size rule like speed enforcement in Summersville, WV. 1 inch too big, gate check and fine.

But if you have a kid even if you don't buy a seat for it seem to get to bring extra items onto the plane like a stroller and car seat. Not fair. Meanwhile I can't even bring liquids on.

Last edited:
They even sell suitcases in the size that fit into the carry on bins. As far as I'm concerned there are very few excuses to having too big a bag. If it's slightly too big, doesn't matter off it goes.

So once when I got to my seat at the front of the plane there was a bunch of
shit in the overhead so I took it all out and left it in the aisle while I put my duffle bag above my seat. Some guy came up to me and said "what are you doing?!" so I said "this is my overhead bin. I know this because it is conveniently located above my seat". He didn't like that.

Can you provide some more context? Where was he sitting? Was the overhead bin above his seat full?

And by the front of the plane, do you mean first/business class? Or just the front of coach?

And by the front of the plane, do you mean first/business class? Or just the front of coach?

The front of coach. Like the first row. He came running from at least the mid back of the plane. He took his bag so he must have found some other place for it.

Yeah, that's pretty douchey if you're going to drop your bag off at the first available place when you're sitting in the middle/back of the plane.

I see people do it all the time. I can't be the only one who has witnessed this.

I don't fly enough to have any meaningful anecdotes. In my most recent flight, though, I saw some coach guy put his stuff in the first-class compartments.

I am observing it now. I choose to drink at the bar until the last minute. Now there is no room in the bins over row 5 even though there are three of us here (empty seats nearby). Wrong.

Is that why there's always a giant rush to get on the plane? To ensure you can put your stuff in the row 5 bin?

Everyone should be entitled to the space above his seat. If there's not enough room, someone asking more than his share should have to check something.

At least you're not sitting next to a fat person.

On my flight from Portland to ATL last week, there was a guy in the middle seat that was too fat to get the arm rests down. However, that's plane protocol, so the stewardess required us to do it. The guy in the window seat and I forced them down over his fat. I felt bad because the stewardess made a big scene about how they had to go down, but seriously, the guy really needed to purchase two seats. After the flight took off, I found an open seat and crashed there.

Back