• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Carry On bags

I see people do it all the time. I can't be the only one who has witnessed this.

Sometime, though, putting your bag towards the front is a necessity. We were boarding our plane last week and our seats were in the very back, but by the time we had boarded all the bins were taken. We had to put our bags about 12 rows up from our seats.

Sometime, though, putting your bag towards the front is a necessity. We were boarding our plane last week and our seats were in the very back, but by the time we had boarded all the bins were taken. We had to put our bags about 12 rows up from our seats.

Yeah that's not what I am talking about. I am talking about when the plane is boarded from the back forward and the people who get on first who are sitting in the back leave their bags in the front when the overheads everywhere are just empty and open.

Last edited:
If Southwest can let passengers have two free bags and Jet Blue can let you have one and still have low fares, there's no excuse for the other airlines not being about to do the same.

Charging for bags makes the carry on problem much worse.

So once when I got to my seat at the front of the plane there was a bunch of
shit in the overhead so I took it all out and left it in the aisle while I put my duffle bag above my seat. Some guy came up to me and said "what are you doing?!" so I said "this is my overhead bin. I know this because it is conveniently located above my seat". He didn't like that.

You're a dick. You are not entitled to the overhead bin above your seat

Heck, if all three people in a row bring a carry on, even a small one, they're not all going to fit in that bin, which means that necessarily one of those bags is going to have to go somewhere else, probably setting off a chain reaction.

You're a dick. You are not entitled to the overhead bin above your seat.

Why not? If you want to bring more than your share, put it under your seat. Why should someone who boards earlier get a larger share?

I really hate bin hogs.

I just generally hate people and flying slaps me in the face with how much I hate people.

Why not? If you want to bring more than your share, put it under your seat. Why should someone who boards earlier get a larger share?

I really hate bin hogs.

You are entitled to put one bag, and one bag only in the overhead bin. But sometimes the bin above your seat is full from the other people in your row. If that happens, I'm not checking my bag, I'm going to walk up a few rows to an empty bin and put it there.

To take someones stuff out of the bin above your seat and put yours there instead, especially when you don't know if there was even any room above their seat to put it there, is a dick move.

The people who get on the plane first end up with the overhead space. Fair or not, that's the way it is.

The above-your-seat entitlement won't work because some seats have emergency equipment, space for the crew's stuff, or whatever. The bottom line is that the airlines just need to enforce the size and number limits. That would fix most of the problems. For people too lazy to carry their bag the length of the plane to an open area near their seat, then fuck you you fucking fuck. Honestly though, I've never seen that happen, although I'm sure it does.

The people who get on the plane first end up with the overhead space. Fair or not, that's the way it is.

Which also causes dipshits on non-Southwest flights to line up by the doors and block anybody with higher priority from getting through to their plane without a thousand elbows, dirty looks, and "getoutthewayyousmellybastages."

I really hate flying because of everything non-flight-related. People standing up in the aisles as soon as the plane stops, people choosing bin space in a preferential area of the plane(yes, I've seen people who get on first put their bags near the front even when their seat is in the back because "they have a connection to make"), and fatties. F it all.

ETA: and yes, the answer is that the airlines need to enforce their shit, but if they do that, zOMG these horrible airlines are sooooo mean and shit. Always have to pander to the lowest common denominator that is holding enough money to purchase a ticket.

You're a dick. You are not entitled to the overhead bin above your seat

Heck, if all three people in a row bring a carry on, even a small one, they're not all going to fit in that bin, which means that necessarily one of those bags is going to have to go somewhere else, probably setting off a chain reaction.

I'm a lady so I am actually a bitch or maybe even a cunt. I'll go ahead and assume you are one of the entitled assholes I am talking about so fuck you.

Yeah this is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. People in the back get loaded in first. If everyone puts their shit in the front how much of a clusterfuck is it getting off the plane if everyone in the front has all of their carry on stuff all the way in the back?

You get your overhead bin or ideally 2-3 seats forward or one back if yours is packed. If you can't find a spot in this range, someone needs to check their shit in.

Reactions: ITK
if someone took my stuff out of the overhead bin i would take a shit in their seat

if someone took my stuff out of the overhead bin i would take a shit in their seat

Well there was that one time I posted about where I didn't take someone's bag out of the overhead and they still changed their baby's shitty diaper next to me so go figure.

If Southwest can let passengers have two free bags and Jet Blue can let you have one and still have low fares, there's no excuse for the other airlines not being about to do the same.

Charging for bags makes the carry on problem much worse.

Southwest hasn't had lower fares for years. They are still living on your reputation from 10 years ago.

Avoided the dreaded fat person on my last flight, but was nailed with kid and dog....those fuckers are almost as bad.

Back