• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Catholic Church makes political announcement during service?

Apparently nationwide the Catholic Church read a letter railing against Obama during Mass. Not a big fan of churches pushing a political agenda to be honest. What i mean by pushing is not that they can't have opinion, but in the sense of a mass communication from the top down for the members of the church to follow in step. Jesus wasn't political, I don't think our churches should be focused on politics either.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_...-anti-obama-letter-in-church/?tag=re1.channel

You must hate it like hell on Election Day then when every black church in the fucking state does nothing but help get Democrat votes to the polls.

You must hate it like hell on Election Day then when every black church in the fucking state does nothing but help get Democrat votes to the polls.

Yeah not a big fan of that, but considering the history of the black church (especially in the deep south where I live) I can understand how it came to pass. Black churches were the organizational centers of the black community trying to survive against a culture that was hell bent on suppressing any rights they had or were trying to obtain. They were in survival mode. Times have changed, but that power center has not, and it will be a long time until it does. I would prefer it not be the case and will speak against it but I find a little more understanding for it in the black community.

Back