• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBI/CIT

Reaction score
1. Are we still in the mix pending more wins?

2. Do we accept a bid?

3. Do you want us to accept a bid?

It would be a coup for the heads of these minor league tournaments to shake down the incoming chair of the NCAA Tournament committee for whatever it cost to host a few of these games. I think the CBI is around $60K and the CIT is around $30K.

The answer to all three, IMO, is yes.

1) Yes.

2) Oh Heaven's Yes!

3) Sure. So, CJ can play another game or three in OG&B.

We qualify, we accept, we win a game and Wellman blows a load.

Edited to add: We lose money but that doesn't matter.

Last edited:
We should absolutely take it if we get invited.

This.

For me, this is not a LOWF issue. It's not that I would be stoked at a CBI bid or satisfied with one or be ready to call the season a success because of it. It's about getting a young team more games in a tournament setting.

If we were talking about a team full of juniors and seniors a trip to the CBI, I'd say screw it, though I'm not sure why "no postseason" is any less LOWF than "crappy postseason."

LOWF is about expectations.

LOWF is about expectations.

Absolutely. So expectations in November of "I'd be happy with a CBI bid" is LOWF, whereas sitting in March saying "we should be beyond this by now, but if we get a CBI invite we should go ahead and take it" is something different.

Tournament experience includes pressure, no one gives a damn about the CBI/CIT so it doesn't really matter (especially since we won't be in a major tourney next year anyway).

Absolutely. So expectations in November of "I'd be happy with a CBI bid" is LOWF, whereas sitting in March saying "we should be beyond this by now, but if we get a CBI invite we should go ahead and take it" is something different.

Goin' Hoggin' would be proud of this logic.

It's 1:55 am in the basketball season...

Goin' Hoggin' would be proud of this logic.

It's 1:55 am in the basketball season...

Drinking $200 worth of booze and fucking a porker is much more enjoyable than watching Wake play in the CBI.

#cbi/citout

Last edited:
CIT is only for mid-majors. Take the CBI bid if one comes. VCU won the CBI in '10, and with all but one returning player, made the Final Four in '11. No direct correlation from one to the other but Shaka thought the experience helped his team.

Oh Heavens yes! This is what RW was striving for: post-season tournament action! This would be PROOF of our improvement!

CBI is to Buzz as ACCT Playoff game is to Les Robinson

Back