• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Some potential Suicide Squad spoilers. Massive ones.
http://www.latino-review.com/news/exclusive-an-inside-look-at-suicide-squad

I like the overall tone. It's similar to the Legion of Doom movie idea I've posted on this thread. It's a vehicle to introduce a lot of DC villains. That's the best way to counter Marvel right now. Marvel has one great villain with Ultron on the big screen and Kingpin on the small screen likely joining Loki soon.

Freak, I agree to a point. I think Marvel realizes that it's hard to do solo movies in general. That's why the "solo" films have really been team ups. Iron Man 2 and 3 were Iron Man and War Machine. Thor 2 was Thor and Loki. Cap 2 was Cap, Black Widow, and Falcon.

Any future Hulk movie would need to introduce Rick Jones and She Hulk and bring Betty back. Which is part of the reason they're not doing it.

I disagree about Superman. TV has done Superman pretty well in different live action and animated incarnations. That means is possible to do it in movies. The hardest part of about doing Superman/Clark is Lois which I outlined after Man of Steel. That's not an inherent problem with the character.

Last edited:
mostly agree with the solo movie thought. caveat for me would be that rd jr is so good as tony stark that that is an exception. yes, it's easier to have war machine help in a fight scene but he could have, and imho did, carry all three movies nearly on his own. the villains did not matter. a little black widow was nice and fun but a side story. add some friction with rhodes (and a little help as war machine) and i don't think it was a team up like winter soldier or the adversarial back and forth a la thor vs loki.

Brian Michael Bendis is going to be on the Seth Meyers show tonight. He's promoting Powers which I'm rather looking forward to but I'll have to find a creative solution to watch it since it's on PSN.

No doubt Meyers will probe him for some MCU tidbits as well.

Marvel kicking off their lead up to Secret Wars next Tuesday.

B7PgWWmCAAE8ZkK.jpg:large

For those who have been reading comics lately...the stories have been getting downright bizarre. I'm a little behind (haven't gotten to AXIS yet) but Spider-Verse and Original Sin/Avengers has me like :tard:

So this happened today. One word: Battleworld.

The Flash was solid last night. I like the way they're introducing serialization into the story these last few episodes, with Reverse-Flash and now F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M. looming over everything.

Still confused about Wells involvement with Reverse-Flash. If he becomes that, as we've been led to believe, than we're either dealing with multiple Flashes and Reverse-Flashes or time travel. I guess given Wells' crazy future newspaper office, time travel is on the table, but I'm interested to see how they handle it.

Is the time travel angle even up for debate? I thought they were being pretty upfront that was what was going on.

Gotham, which is the show I've got 1st on the chopping block for deletion from my DVR season pass, got a stay of execution this past week. This in no small part to not doing the things I've found most annoying so far. There were fewer winks and nods to future Bat villains, there was less Donal Logue (major points for this) and as a bonus there was no boy Bruce Wayne. For the first time in the series I actually even felt something for one of the characters - Falcone. Unfortunately, this doesn't mean the series is necessarily doing anything right, just less wrong, which will be enough for me to finish the season, but not enough to sign up for a 2nd season (which Fox has granted), they still need to earn that.

I feel like they wasted a decent enough villain just as a plot device to get Gordon to meet Tompkins and introduce Arkham.

I like Wayne but I don't like using him if they don't need him.

Flash did the opposite with Cold and Heatwave which should continue to pay off big time.

I think we've probably given up on gotham at this point. There's been an episode on the DVR for a couple weeks and we have no real interest in watching it.

glad to hear gotham made some improvements. i don't mind bruce wayne that much as long as he is used well but agree that has not really happened yet. wonder if they have struggled working with a child actor and finding things he can do well.

agree that there are far to many nods and winks to future villains. the occasional easter egg works. introducing someone organically into the story is ideal. the show has certainly been messy as a whole.

never had netflix until recently and have started watching mad men and orange is the new black. there is just not much tv time left and arrow, flash and aos are far better right now. not to mention justified, americans and some other pay cable shows that will be back over the next weeks/months.

Is the time travel angle even up for debate? I thought they were being pretty upfront that was what was going on.

They've already said time travel will begin to play a large role beginning in episode 20, and will play out through the end of the first season. Wells seems to be a version of Zolomon. Thawne will have a role the play as well, I think. Maybe Thawne kills Iris?

So this happened today. One word: Battleworld.

It'll be interesting to see how Marvel handles their own New 52 style reboot. It seems post-Secret Wars Marvel will feature only certain characters from the different Earth's following the final incursion. Makes me wonder if Miles Morales AND Peter Parker make it to the other side (and which Ultimate Universe characters make it and and regular 616 characters don't).

They've already said time travel will begin to play a large role beginning in episode 20, and will play out through the end of the first season. Wells seems to be a version of Zolomon. Thawne will have a role the play as well, I think. Maybe Thawne kills Iris?

Nah. Thawne's going to turn, obviously, but I don't see Iris being killed off for at least a few seasons. Maybe his descent will be a response to Iris leaving him for Barry? I dunno.

And yeah, I knew they were going to have some form of time travel, but I don't think that necessarily means that Wells and Barry were the ones fighting on the night of Mrs. Allen's murder.

Nah. Thawne's going to turn, obviously, but I don't see Iris being killed off for at least a few seasons. Maybe his descent will be a response to Iris leaving him for Barry? I dunno.

And yeah, I knew they were going to have some form of time travel, but I don't think that necessarily means that Wells and Barry were the ones fighting on the night of Mrs. Allen's murder.

There's going to be a lot of weird paradoxical stuff going on by seasons end.

Meh. The whole thing was a little melodramatic, but I guess it had to be.

What was your problem with the reveal super telegraphed, predictable final scene?

I felt they brought him back too quick. I really thought we would get a month of Arrow w/o Oliver. Sort of feels like they punked out on his death. Plus, I had hopes that they'd use the Lazarus Pit and Queen would come back insane...where of course the only cure is #olicity.

Just step aside, Arrow writers, I got this.

I felt they brought him back too quick. I really thought we would get a month of Arrow w/o Oliver. Sort of feels like they punked out on his death. Plus, I had hopes that they'd use the Lazarus Pit and Queen would come back insane...where of course the only cure is #olicity.

Just step aside, Arrow writers, I got this.

In all seriousness though, there's an ep coming up next month titled "The Return," so I don't think Ollie's heading back to 'murca any time soon. I never thought they'd completely cut him from the present day storyline for a month, so the revival didn't feel all that rushed to me, but I see where you're coming from.

Back