• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Yeah I've seen the Kingmen preview seemingly at every movie I've seen since the beginning of 2014.

It's at 100% with 15 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, FWIW.

Why do they keep pushing it back? Worried that Firth cannot headline an action movie?

The last time Sam Jack was in a Brit movie, it was Formula 51 and I kinda liked that movie.

Do they really need waste another movie on the origin story again? Fox apparently learned nothing from Sony/Spiderman. Everyone but Marvel Studios just doesn't get it.

Last edited:
Agreed. Just do a small flashback and have them already established as a public superhero team.

the ff trailer is ok i guess. certainly they aren't giving anything away. i hope trank is telling the truth when he says the not official information has been released because he wants everyone coming in knowing nothing about it and not because the rumors that it's a mess.

not any more or less excited than i was prior to watching the trailer.

So is it the same Space/Cosmic Rays origin?

Interested in how they portray the "Doom" character. He's supposedly a hacker or something?

the ff trailer is ok i guess. certainly they aren't giving anything away. i hope trank is telling the truth when he says the not official information has been released because he wants everyone coming in knowing nothing about it and not because the rumors that it's a mess.

not any more or less excited than i was prior to watching the trailer.

Same, the needle wasn't budged at all for me.

I've been an origin hater 4evah.

As for the link above, that says Stan Lee "loved" this FF, I'm willing to bet Stan went on record extolling "Elektra" too.

Last edited:
I think the voice over guy on that FF trailer is the actor who owns Frank's Ribs on House of Cards. Not sure, but sounds just like him

Not sure who that is, but it sounds like Reg E Cathey, who is in the movie:

2013-04-20-1000.22.1757412.RegECathey222x300.jpg

And after checking Wikipedia, yes, Reg E Cathey is the Frank's Ribs guy on House Of Cards too.

And he's the Mayor's aide on The Wire. Incredibly awesome character actor.

So apparently the 4 leads in the Ghostbusters reboot are all female. That's… a different direction.

Back