• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Metacritic currently has it at a 73, which is good for these movies. It puts it right around Homecoming and Winter Soldier (And Dr. Strange, but I thought they rated that a little too high at 72), but below Civil War, Logan and Guardians Vol 1. Personally, I loved Homecoming and Winter Soldier, so if it's on that level, I'm pumped.

Last edited:
Winter Soldier is the best Marvel movie so far IMO, can't believe Civil War is above it.

Civil War is lots of fun and a good movie, but I think a lot of that is just because the size and spectacle. Also, not that big of a fan of Zemo and his plot is kind of nonsensical.

Winter Soldier is like a legit old school spy movie but with just Captain America and Black Widow added. Strongest themes and plot for me. It also has some of my favorite action set pieces in the entire MCU that don't rely on just sheer size (Fury getting ambushed in his SUV, Cap getting surrounded in elevator and escaping SHIELD) and Winter Soldier was a great mysterious foil and Robert Redford is a boss. Also, this is relatively minor but the score is freaking awesome.

Ragnarok is so much fun, you guys. Had a stupid grin on my face for most of that movie.

yeah it was great. actually reminded me somewhat of GotG v.1. Korg was hilarious.

My only "complaint" about Ragnarok is that so much focus, by critics and audience, is on the humor, that I worry that a great comic book story is overshadowed. By "comic book story" I'm talking about all aspects of sequential art, the visuals and the dialog. I usually try to have a "cool down" period before commenting on a movie, but right now, this feels like the one that's best simulated taking a comic book and putting it on a movie screen.

It was fantastic. Some of the best lines in the whole MCU.

There's an early line by Skurge that I will post as soon as the spoiler tag is on.

Much more vulgar than I was expecting. Definitely PG-13.

Not up there with my absolute favorites but that speaks more to the depth of the MCU.

Mild spoiler but I can't remember the last time I saw an American actress rock a British accent.

The entire cast was great. Nice to have two straight films with strong villains.

It was fantastic. Some of the best lines in the whole MCU.

There's an early line by Skurge that I will post as soon as the spoiler tag is on.

Much more vulgar than I was expecting. Definitely PG-13.

Not up there with my absolute favorites but that speaks more to the depth of the MCU.

Mild spoiler but I can't remember the last time I saw an American actress rock a British accent.

The entire cast was great. Nice to have two straight films with strong villains.

Class field trip?

CBM: Thor: Ragnarok premiere (no spoilers - best reviewed MCU film 96% on RT)

Estimated $104M opening weekend. That would put it 8th among MCU films right behind Spider-Man: Homecoming and it would be the 3rd straight MCU $100M opening.

Last edited:
Ragnarok was great. Taika Waititi did a great job, and he definitely made his own type of film. Korg, the Grandmaster, and Valkyrie are all excellent - Korg especially. It has the irreverent tone of the comic books I read as a kid, which Taika is great at. It provided some MCU puzzle pieces, and gave us the Hulk screen time that has been missing with the Planet Hulk-esq side plot. In my opinion, Ragnarok easily goes top 5 in the MCU rankings because I prefer the heavy comedy.

My ranking:

The Avengers
Iron Man
GOG
Thor 3 Ragnarok
Captain America Winter Soldier
GOG2
Iron Man 3
Spiderman Homecoming
Captain America
Thor
Civil War
Iron Man 2
Avengers Age of Ultron
Dr. Strange
Ant Man
Thor 2 Dark World
Incredible Hulk

My previous post didn't fully explain the greatness that is Korg, who is easily the funniest side character in the MCU universe. "Piss off, ghost!"

It was my favorite

The sister was lame but Thor was so deep of a character and Loki was complex

Plus it was fucking funny

Great movie - lots of fun, did a great job working in the humor.

Hadn't seen the Black Panther trailer before - that movie looks great too.

The only thing that bothered me was turning Bruce Banner into Woody Allen. I haven't rewatched the Avengers movies but I remembered him being quiet/standoffish. Here he was a weenie.

The only thing that bothered me was turning Bruce Banner into Woody Allen. I haven't rewatched the Avengers movies but I remembered him being quiet/standoffish. Here he was a weenie.
A couple of things go into that: Bruce is familiar with Thor and trusts him, and Bruce doesn't know what the hell is going on.

A couple of things go into that: Bruce is familiar with Thor and trusts him, and Bruce doesn't know what the hell is going on.

Yeah. He essentially came out of a coma.

Thor: Ragnorak destroyed the optimistic $104M estimate with a $121M opening weekend. That's even higher than Spiderman: Homecoming's summer debut. $427M worldwide, put Marvel Studios at over $5 billion box office through 17 films.

Justice League has a tough task. They'll have to compete with what should still be a strong third weekend for Thor 3 and The Punisher on Netflix and Star Wars Battlefront II debuting that weekend.

Last edited:
Back