• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

I think the thing with Arrow (at least for me) is that the R'as Al Ghul season was so bad that anything better than that seems pretty good. Which is fine. Not every season is going to be S2 excellent. It's settled into good not great territory.

I agree on Flash. Caitlin has gotten stale and Wally just never fit. I'm not particularly thrilled with Ralph, but it does appear he has a greater purpose on the show, which fits with the excellent villain commentary.

Supergirl....man, I just don't see this season ending well. It's been such a dour, depressing slog of a watch this season. This happened on Flash with the Savitar season, too, and it really seems like Arrow is the only one of these shows capable of going dark and it working.

Legends is fun and continues to be fun. I haven't seen BL yet. Just too much else going on.

Of those, I think Black Lightning stands solidly in first right now. It's very, very good.

Agreed.

Black Panther is projected to hit $180M, surpassing Civil War.

It's gonna be hard to overhype this... it's the best movie Marvel's ever made, and it's not particularly close.

I'm inclined to ditto RSF, minus "it's not particularly close." Beautiful to look at. Compelling story. A villain that not only made you say "I can understand his motivation" but even made me think "yeah I'd be like that too."

I want to see a mini series, let's call it "Wakanda: A Day in the Life" that's about the man on the street, the shopkeeper selling baskets, how his day-to-day is. I just want more of the city, it's an incredible melding of tradition and future tech.

If MCU Phase 4 and beyond is about passing the torch from Tony to T'Challa, they're in good hands for the next decade. Goddam I'm going to be old then, I just did the math.
Post-credits report - you'll have to stick it out to the bitter end for this one.

Really enjoyed Black Panther. The reveal of Wakanda was amazing. Movie reminded me of Game of thrones set in Africa with high tech weapons.

Agreed.

Black Panther is projected to hit $180M, surpassing Civil War.
Just think what it could have been if that racist dork DC facebook group hadn't spammed Rotten Tomatoes with bad scores. Could have been hundreds or thousands more

Well, gotta give it to those dipshits, they're dedicated to their cause. BP's audience RT is 76%, 1% less than Justice League, hahaha.

Saw it at the 11 am showing in my suburban theater. Got walk up tickets. Guy at the counter said we were lucky because every other showing today is already sold out.

There were at least as many people in this morning showing as there were for the three Star Wars films and other MCU films.

Great film. Definitely top tier MCU with Winter Soldier and Civil War. I’d be shocked if it wasn’t nominated for an Oscar for Costume Design.

Saw it at the 11 am showing in my suburban theater. Got walk up tickets. Guy at the counter said we were lucky because every other showing today is already sold out.

There were at least as many people in this morning showing as there were for the three Star Wars films and other MCU films.

Great film. Definitely top tier MCU with Winter Soldier and Civil War. I’d be shocked if it wasn’t nominated for an Oscar for Costume Design.

Class trip?

my office looks down on a movie theater and i often wonder "who are these grown men that can see movies at 11am on a weekday?"

Some people have control over their schedule and don't have to be chained to a desk between 9 and 5:30.

Some people have control over their schedule and don't have to be chained to a desk between 9 and 5:30.

Yep. People make choices in life. If you want to turn in TPS reports all day, that's on you.

Estimates up to a $200M weekend for Black Panther. Unreal. Estimates were $120M a few weeks ago. $200M would be a bigger opening than Age of Ultron. Deadpool is the only other Feb opening bigger than $100M at $132M.

For clarification, $200M opening would be 2nd among MCU films behind The Avengers and 5th all time.

So Ryan Coogler is a genius, right?

He's definitely up there with the Russos. I assume he'll get two more Black Panther movies. He should get a shot at Avengers 5 as well.

Back