• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Another outstanding X-Files episode tonight- not sure if anybody watches this except me an DeacHead but this season has been great TV.

I've caught the end of the last two episodes and they've both been good.

Yeah. People are buying out theaters for kids groups and such. I don't think y'all realize just how big of a deal this is for black people. The premiere blew up on social media. There's so much hype for this. Current projects are that it will open at $120M. That's right at Thor 3 and ahead of Spiderman: Homecoming.

I don’t know why, you already have Blankman what more do you want?

Don't forget handy man. Sheesh. We're officially oversaturated. Do not want. #CharlottesvilleIsBeautifulInAugust

Yeah. People are buying out theaters for kids groups and such. I don't think y'all realize just how big of a deal this is for black people. The premiere blew up on social media. There's so much hype for this. Current projects are that it will open at $120M. That's right at Thor 3 and ahead of Spiderman: Homecoming.

I actually think it will blow past $120. I think it will be closer to $140 but I may be crazy.

EDIT

^ Think that number makes a lot more sense.

I'm not sure if anyone else is watching Spider-Man on Disney XD but it's been really good lately. We've gotten Miles Morales and now Spider Gwen.

Black people hated Blade? I'm black and I think the first two were great.

Same. I've never heard this take. I don't think Blade gets enough credit for moving the genre forward.

Same. I've never heard this take. I don't think Blade gets enough credit for moving the genre forward.

It really doesn't. Wesley Snipes was a tremendous Blade and I think it worked because it didn't really feel like a superhero movie. It was basically just a vampire movie. That matches the success of some of their lesser known properties.

It’s exactly why Marvel has been successful. They don’t make superhero movies...they make space operas, espionage thrillers, heists, teen coming of age stories, etc...they just happen to have fight scenes and brightly colored costumes in them too.

Exactly. I'm curious when Marvel is going to take the plunge and do a low budget Oscar bait type film. Now that I think about it, I could see them doing something like that for the upcoming Disney streaming service.

Exactly. I'm curious when Marvel is going to take the plunge and do a low budget Oscar bait type film. Now that I think about it, I could see them doing something like that for the upcoming Disney streaming service.

ant man???

That’s a good read.

There have been rumors of a Blade film or Netflix series. I’m not sure where things stand with the Fox acquisition. A stand alone Blade feature film may not get traction with FF and X-Men waiting for a turn.

But I could see them doing a Blade film or series on the new Disney streaming platform. They’re going to need a lot of content.

That’s a good read.

There have been rumors of a Blade film or Netflix series. I’m not sure where things stand with the Fox acquisition. A stand alone Blade feature film may not get traction with FF and X-Men waiting for a turn.

But I could see them doing a Blade film or series on the new Disney streaming platform. They’re going to need a lot of content.

There already was a Blade TV series: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0823333/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

I get the discs from Netflix back when that was the thing to do. It was okay. First live action super hero show I think. I remember it being entertaining but understood why it only got one season.

You know how when a studio maintains a review embargo until the release date, that's a sign that they're worried about the critical response?

Black Panther just says "Let me whip this out" 10 days ahead of release. 100% RT with n=36 as of right now.

Did Rotten Tomatoes abandon that show like they did to reveal the Justice League rating? I thought they were going to do it for all big releases. Glad they aren't. That was a dumb idea.

It's at 100% with 57 reviews now. I've read one review and watched another on YouTube, both non-spoiler. Both were just gushing about how good it is.

Back