• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Widow is super duper with martial arts. So she can dodge most attacks and uses leverage to her advantage. She'll never punch out the Juggernaut, but she can make him waste time chasing her around. Upthread, someone asked why I said we won't see the scene in the trailer with the Hulk running - they already showed that scene with CGI Hulkbuster instead of CGI Hulk. I wish Proxima Midnight had survived to see half the universe disappear so she could say "Oh no, not this again". See, that character was played by Carrie Coon, who starred in The Leftovers and... eh, forget it, it's true jokes don't get funnier the more you explain them.

My theory is that, while Banner survived, the Hulk was killed when Thanos balanced the universe. He'll be back for the next one, but maybe Hulk was staying "underground" because he somehow sensed that he was going to be vaporized and wouldn't let Banner manifest him?

[Saw someone say that Marvel is wasting a great chance to have Everett Ross, Dr. Strange, and Iron Man in the same scene and have Ross say something like "No shit Sherlock". That would be a killer meta-joke.[/QUOTE]

I'll add that Jude Law will be Mar-Vell in Captain Marvel, maybe they're waiting for that movie to get them all together.

Was Ultron gathering the stones for Thanos? I just Ultron was just a wild card.

It seemed like Ultron was part of some plan that Thanos was aware of (e.g., Hydra's study of the Chitauri Scepter + what we learned in SHIELD about Hydra's universal influence). Ultron also knew that the mind stone was in the scepter. I guess that's partially because he is a product of the Jarvis/mind stone program combo, but it's interesting that he's aware of the power of the stone while most of the other bad guys to that point didn't really know what they were...

Interesting.

https://film.avclub.com/let-s-talk-about-the-secret-villain-of-avengers-infini-1825652457

Despite being among Marvel’s most superior villains—and certainly the most effective nemesis the Avengers have fought—Thanos isn’t solely responsible for the deaths of half the characters in the MCU. Yes, there’s also the army of raging, toothy monsters unleashed in Wakanda, though I’m not talking about them either. There’s another villain in Infinity War, an ostensible hero whose actions lead directly to Thanos’ victory and who deserves to shoulder much of the blame for the loss of so many:

Not sure why this is an article -- fairly obvious to anyone who saw the movie that Quill fucked everything up. More interesting question is Strange allowing them to go through with the plan know how it would end, and that the way it ended is key to their ultimate victory (which presumes that if Quill hadn't screwed the pooch and the plan succeeded, Thanos would have ultimately won anyway).

Not sure why this is an article -- fairly obvious to anyone who saw the movie that Quill fucked everything up. More interesting question is Strange allowing them to go through with the plan know how it would end, and that the way it ended is key to their ultimate victory (which presumes that if Quill hadn't screwed the pooch and the plan succeeded, Thanos would have ultimately won anyway).

Because they had to go through with the plan. Otherwise, it wouldn't be the timeline that succeeded.

Because they had to go through with the plan. Otherwise, it wouldn't be the timeline that succeeded.

Yes, they had to go through with the plan, with Strange knowing it would fail, because it failing was key to them ultimately winning. So, Quill fucking up is key to their ultimately winning.

Yes, they had to go through with the plan, with Strange knowing it would fail, because it failing was key to them ultimately winning. So, Quill fucking up is key to their ultimately winning.

Doesn't mean everyone else won't want to kick Peter in the balls.

I like this part of Vince at FilmDrunk's review:

His henchmen, on the other hand, get no introduction. Ebony Maw (Tom Vaughan-Lawlor), Proxima Midnight (Carrie Coon), Cull Obsidian (Terry Notary), and Corvus Glaive (Michael James Shaw), are the bad guys, according to IMDB, though watching the movie you may know them better as Lizard Wizard, Ram Skull Lady, Giant Horned Toad Guy, and Sex Positive Skeletor, respectively. I’m not saying each of them needed their own training montage and hype reel, but if they’re going to be characters we could probably do better than just leave the audience to assume a standard ugly = evil formula (a problem with Disney characters on the whole going back probably 80 years). Turns out eye black is the ultimate predictor of evil in the MCU.

I agree that the Black Order seemed to exist mainly to give the Avengers some wins. Ebony Maw got name checked as "Maw". I think "Proxima" was mentioned. Actually I think the main reason they were included is action figure sales.

Pretty sure they were evil because they attacked the good guys and tried to steal their stuff.

The type of introductions he seems to want are cheesy superhero territory. When someone tries to rob you, do they introduce themselves and give you their tragic backstory? No.

Did Thanos even introduce himself?

Speaking of introductions, “I am Steve Rogers” was one of the best lines of the film.

Ebony maw was badass, the others seems weak-ish. Don’t really care, not what I came to see, but it’s good to see the good guys take on some higher level folks than typical chitauri/Ultron-spawn expendables

Right. They were upper-level goons.

Black Panther digital comes out next week and blu-ray on May 15 despite still being in theaters. Here's a deleted scene.

Either that or Thanos getting all the stones was key. I think Quill is irrelevant

The best theory I've heard about the ending of Infinity War is that everyone left in the dust is in the soul stone and getting out will be the first mission of a new team of Avengers.

Interesting.

Also, nick fury had a pager that sends messages through time, right?

My 2 cents - we know the Captain Marvel movie takes place in the 90s, when that pager would have been some sort of high tech device. The super science SHIELD, or the Kree, gave it extra juice to send signals that travel great distances and probably at FTL speeds. At some point, maybe the end, maybe post credits, when Danvers heads out to do cosmic protection, Fury will give her that pager and say "in case we really need you".

Back