• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

I wouldn't too enthusiastically predict Endgame is going to surpass Avatar as the highest grossing film of all time. Avatar inexplicably is like the Wayne Gretzky of movies. I'll grant that Endgame does look like the best chance of beating it (or a great SW9), but IW made $2B, Avatar made 2.7B. That's a lot of ground to cover for a movie that's probably not going to draw in people that didn't see IW.

Plenty of people didn’t see IW in the theaters and will see Endgame in the theater. “How did they undo the snap?” is an urgent question that will draw people to see it sooner.

It’s probably going to pass a billion this weekend.

Goddamn random shit kid loudly dropped a MAJOR spoiler to his friend in conversation as I was walking past last night. I'm going to see it the afternoon. Briefly contemplated the amount of jail time punting the shit out of a random 8 year old would entail, and whether my satisfaction and his lesson learned would be worth it. Jesus. Educate your children, people. No spoiler discussion in public areas.

Lol...kids would take that directive and do the exact opposite.

The spoilers tag is up. Full discussion is fair game.

I can't believe they pulled that off. The list of alive "good guy" lead characters from prior films who didn't make it into this film is pretty small and mostly from Hulk, Thor, and Thor 2. They even managed to get the kid from IM3 in there.

I don't really have any complaints about it. I'm not sure why the post-credits scene from Captain Marvel was a complete red herring. Seems like they could have used the clip from Endgame that was released last week instead when Rhody asked Captain Marvel where she's been.

Seems like there will be an intermediate period before Phase 4. Far From Home seems like a stand alone. Black Widow will presumably be set in the past. The Eternals is set in the distant past. Not sure what the first chronological post-Endgame film will be. Phase 4 could start with Falcon and the Winter Soldier on Disney+.

All the character arcs were good. I assume this is the last we see of Pepper and the Stark family. Morgan was great. As a big fan of Peggy and Hayley Atwell, I thought Cap's arc was perfect. Thor was good. A few weeks ago, Feige was asked when the MCU would have a "body positive" hero without a "perfect body." He said something like "sooner than you think." They really have leaned into Hemsworth's comic sense. I'm excited to see him in Guardians of the Galaxy 3 if they go that route and I'd be happy to see him in Thor 4 with Professor Hulk and Valkyrie.

Black Widow has been a great glue character for the MCU. Her friendship with Clint never got top billing like her friendship with Cap did in Winter Soldier. But her and Clint were very good here. The sacrifice scene was a little comical because it went too long, but it was fine. The tension built nicely from Thanos sacrificing Gamora in IW. I feel like this film set up Clint to lead The Avengers going forward. Otherwise there is no true leader going forward.

One character I'm not sure about is Captain Marvel. I thought she'd be much more involved than she was and she's so powerful that it's hard to see where she fits going forward. The scene where Thanos' ship starts firing at her really showed off just how overmatched anybody is against her.

[h=1]‘Avengers: Endgame’ Obliterates Records With $1.2 Billion Global Debut[/h]https://variety.com/2019/film/news/box-office-avengers-endgame-worldwide-1203199601/

Over $350M domestic and $329M in China.

$350M is more than all but 8 MCU films and 7 other comic book adaptations (i.e. TDK and TDKR) made during their whole run.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was surprised there wasn’t more Captain Marvel.

I’m kinda curious about the history of Thanos’ weapon that cut through vibranium so easily.

Fuck I loved this movie. I’m sure I’ll nitpick some points on rewatches, but I was just jazzed watching it

There's some time travel stuff that I could nitpick but I think Hulk explained it in a way that you can just hand wave it off.

I'll be curious to see how Spider-Man goes. Peter was dusted and came back the same age, 5 years later. So that means about half of the kids he was in school with have graduated and he's now going to school with some kids who were in middle school. The scene at the end with Ned makes it seem like Peter was dusted but Ned wasn't yet Ned is the same age.

I thought it made it look like they were both dusted. I’m sure Far From Hope will explain it. I’m sure they’ll explain it away. Maybe one of the kids from their team will be a teacher at the school now. I don’t know.

There's some time travel stuff that I could nitpick but I think Hulk explained it in a way that you can just hand wave it off.

I'll be curious to see how Spider-Man goes. Peter was dusted and came back the same age, 5 years later. So that means about half of the kids he was in school with have graduated and he's now going to school with some kids who were in middle school. The scene at the end with Ned makes it seem like Peter was dusted but Ned wasn't yet Ned is the same age.

All during the lead up, I had one wish - "I hope the time travel rumors aren't true". Well, spoiler alert...

It's just my least favorite sci-fi/comic trope. Ultimately, I can (and did for Endgame) roll with it but I just turn off my brain when it comes to the resulting inconsistencies. The resulting split realities does open up the newest Secret Wars saga for say, Avengers 12.

All during the lead up, I had one wish - "I hope the time travel rumors aren't true". Well, spoiler alert...

It's just my least favorite sci-fi/comic trope. Ultimately, I can (and did for Endgame) roll with it but I just turn off my brain when it comes to the resulting inconsistencies. The resulting split realities does open up the newest Secret Wars saga for say, Avengers 12.

It's almost too perfect, right? Bring on Dr. Doom and the Thor Corps!

CBM: Avengers: Endgame (WARNING! SPOILERS!)

I’m still kind of mad we never got the real Mandarin. They teased him in that One Shot where the fake Mandarin was kidnapped.

By the way, it really holds up well. Story, CGI, everything.

It’s nice to remember that the whole MCU started when the leading defense contractor, the “Merchant of Death” saw his weapons were being used for evil and decided to stop making them. Then he heard about a refugee crisis and went to help. Then he stopped sleeping around, started dating his assistant, and named her as CEO. Then he signed on to government legislation that required people register themselves with the government. Heck of a storyline.

Last edited:
The theater went nuts when Cap summoned Thor’s hammer. That movie was so much fucking fun. Wife balled her eyes out. I loved every second of it.

When were people crying, because I totally missed that cue? Capt. Marvel at the beginning and the end kinda felt shoe horned in there. Ya she is super powerful, almost like she could have taken care of it all on her own. The headbutt was cool though.

Thor calls down the thunder for battle....and the thunder braids his hair? Like the New Asgard stuff, needed more Korg. I am interested to see how much he sticks around with the Guardians in the future.

The going back in time thing to the old movies was pretty dumb (thats America's ass), I think we all knew they were going back in time, but seemed hokey to me. The battle at the end was great, really enjoyed that. The girl power moment was a little much, the heroes both male and female were doing excellent jobs, why do you have to do a little sub-sect like that to appease the twitterati.

My wife cried at the Captain America / Peggy Carter scene at the end.

Maybe Iron Man's funeral too.

My main gripe is the treatment of Thor. After Ragnorak and IW he had pretty much supplanted Tony and Cap to me as the best character as he is hilarious but also has the best hero moments in those movies, and here he was just relegated to comic relief as the wimpering fat guy. If he sticks and joins the GotG that'd be great, but was just weird to me the choice to knock down the character who was so great the last two times we saw him.

Other gripe is Captain Marvel is too overpowered. After blowing up a huge ship, doesn't seem like she needs a caravan of other women to help her out. Also she should have just grabbed the gauntlet and then no need for Tony to sacrifice himself.

Thor was comic relief in Ragnorak and IW as well.

Yes his role did take on much more humor his last two movies, but it was the smarmy, sarcastic variety and there was still weight behind the character, whereas here he has just become a whimpering loser who can't control his emotions and has literal weight holding him down, which is not what I'm looking for from that character

Back