• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Yes his role did take on much more humor his last two movies, but it was the smarmy, sarcastic variety and there was still weight behind the character, whereas here he has just become a whimpering loser who can't control his emotions and has literal weight holding him down, which is not what I'm looking for from that character

I don't agree that he was relegated to comic relief. But, I agree that he was smarmy, sarcastic, but with weight behind him.

That's awesome. I was joking with my wife afterwards that all that movie was missing was Blade and Howard the Duck.

If Strange had stopped by Hell's Kitchen and Harlem, I would have lost it.

Latest numbers: $356M domestic, $866M international, $1.222B worldwide

You went back to see a movie a second time in theaters on opening weekend that you thought sucked?

What a weird way to spend 6+ hours.

Yeah. I spent 6+ hours this weekend catching up with friends and watching my boys play at a 9 year old’s birthday party. That was great.

If I did something for 3 hours and it sucked, I wouldn’t do it again.

Note: I should really take that last statement back as a Wake sports fan.

Last edited:
Rewatched

The movie sucks

Sorry

It sucks

Were you expected Oscar quality stuff?

I am not a huge fanboy of the MCU but have watched most of them and take them for what they are— comic book movies. Enjoyed Endgame thoroughly. Pulled just enough on the emotions, particularly in the beginning rather than the end. Only low point for me was once again Spider-Man. I fucking hate that character. Didn’t like the Raimi movies and won’t watch the new one. Hated him in the Avengers (or was it one of the CA films?) and thought he was a terrible distraction in the battle sequence. Just shut up and kill stuff, dude. Thor as a beer bellied drunk was hilarious, but they did drag out his pitiful Thor arc a bit too long. Minor quibble though.

Oh and how the hell did Antman survive AND become ant sized again after a missile exploded right where he was standing?

That's awesome. I was joking with my wife afterwards that all that movie was missing was Blade and Howard the Duck.

Another surprise cameo I just became aware of - I'm sure most folks recognized the Russo bro in the therapy group. Another member was the great Jim Starlin, who created Thanos (and Gamora and many many more).

Another surprise cameo I just became aware of - I'm sure most folks recognized the Russo bro in the therapy group. Another member was the great Jim Starlin, who created Thanos (and Gamora and many many more).

Didn't know about Starlin. Thats cool

Loved the movie.

But honestly, thinking about it now, it's easier for the world to drop 50% of the people than suddenly, after 5 years, double the population. That's enough time for infrastructure to have changed significantly to accomodate less people. Suddenly we have 4 billion more people but crop yields haven't been enough to sustain that life. Businesses have closed, power grids have shrunk, etc. Mass famine, lots of folks are gonna die!

I’m sure Spidey will figure it out.

Not sure what is crazier. Moons spent 6 plus hours confirming he hated a movie and i spent more than that today confused by that scorching take.

People that get upset by the marvel movies are way too wrapped up in plot holes of comic book movies. You just gotta roll with it and ignore them. I don't think a comic movie can not have plot holes.

Eh. Wanted to see if my first impressions were too harsh

I’m sure you had an amazing weekend
Lol

It was nice. Weather was a bit strange, but I saw Endgame on Saturday night, saw some friends from out of town on Friday, and went to the beach on Sunday afternoon. I hope that you had an amazing weekend, too!

Am I the only one who hated the Professor Hulk stuff?

Back