• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Stargirl and Superman & Lois are it for me. Both are quite good. The Flash is horrible. Supergirl is dying an ugly death. Legends is floundering. Black Lightning ended at the right time.

Peggy Carter was already a soldier when she took the serum. Peggy also has a brawler fighting style from Agent Carter that translates well an animated super soldier.

Stargirl and Superman & Lois are it for me. Both are quite good. The Flash is horrible. Supergirl is dying an ugly death. Legends is floundering. Black Lightning ended at the right time.

Peggy Carter was already a soldier when she took the serum. Peggy also has a brawler fighting style from Agent Carter that translates well an animated super soldier.

yeah, i mean she just seems fucking hardcore. i wish we could get a whole show about Captain Carter

Not sure. Coming out of Loki, it’s quite possible all this is canon. I did see that Captain Carter was going to be coming back in the show. The MCU can’t quit Hayley Atwell and for good reason.

I can imagine an "incursion" event (either part of how they adapt Secret Wars or in some other forum) where Captain Carter dukes it out with Captain America (played by Sam)

They keep finding ways to work with Hayley Atwell. That's certainly possible.

My almost 12 yo daughter called the Captain Carter episode epic. I'm really appreciative of Feige and his team for really working hard to diversify these stories. Keep it up. Also, f off comic book incels.

It’s a pretty sweet time to see a woman just indiscriminating beating the shit out of Nazis. That may have been the best thing about it.

My almost 12 yo daughter called the Captain Carter episode epic. I'm really appreciative of Feige and his team for really working hard to diversify these stories. Keep it up. Also, f off comic book incels.

In an era where the competition is fierce for "the worst" I think these guys are it (5% women too).

do y'all know about the Ms. Marvel comics? i would highly recommend them if not!

do y'all know about the Ms. Marvel comics? i would highly recommend them if not!

Not read them. It's only during the last year, maybe less, that she's become interested in the marvel stuff. Previously it was star wars only.

Forced myself to watch both of the Suicide Squad movies this week and arrived at three (3) conclusions:

1. Margot Robbie is hot.
2. That first Suicide Squad movie was fucking awful.
3. The second Suicide Squad movie wasn't that bad.

I knew there was one I was forgetting. Superman and Lois is good. I like that one too.

CBM: The Suicide Squad (HBO Max)/Stargirl (CW)/Marvel's What If? (Disney+)

Disappointed in myself for not recognizing Polka Dot Man from other comic book shows and films. He was good in all these or at least as good as a Flash villain could be.

https://collider.com/david-dastmalchian-superhero-movies-tv-shows/

I appreciate how Stargirl and Superman & Lois focus on good storytelling and establishing characters over making sure there’s a fight scene in every episode. It avoids unnecessary villains or plot simply to set up a fight. It makes the fight scenes more meaningful.

Last edited:
Same... same.

What if? E2 didn't work for me. Heavy on humor that just didn't land (for me).

After all the secrecy and mystery, it looks like "The Eternals" is basically following the early Kirby issues. That's a-ok with me.

Last edited:
Enjoyed the Suicide Squad, but I think both GOTG movies were better. Harley was the highlight, and I really like Ratgirl 2 and Stallone as King Shark. Thought both GOTG movies were funnier though and had more heart.

Same... same.

After all the secrecy and mystery, it looks like "The Eternals" is basically following the early Kirby issues. That's a-ok with me.

Interesting. I'm only familiar with Gaiman's run, so looking forward to it.

The new season of Titans has dropped and it's a good spin on Under the Red Hood so far.

Same... same.

feels like the trailer doesn't even give a shit about this movie

Back