• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

seems like Strange would be smarter than "change memories of planet b/c Peter is having a hard time"

We can start with strange wearing the time stone, which shouldn't exist in this timeline.

Could be Mephisto in disguise granting Peter his biggest wish.

I think that’s just the case the stone was in. But put me down for Mephisto.

Ooh I like the idea of Mephisto, fits in w/ comics too.

If that's Mephisto, was that a cold day in hell?

Ooh I like the idea of Mephisto, fits in w/ comics too.

Yea isn't there a run in the comics where Mephisto does exactly what Strange does in this trailer and makes it so everyone forgets hes Spiderman?

Supposedly the rumors of Willem Dafoe returning as Goblin were a lot stronger/more realistic than the Tobey/Garfield rumors, so that's pretty cool that we got the Goblin teaser. Really interested to see how this movie sets up Dr Strange 2 and how much of the Spiderverse is brought in. I also agree with whoever said that I hope we get no confirmation of other Spideys until butts are in seats. I just know that I'm probably not going to see it opening weekend and then I'll have to avoid YouTube and other parts of the internet for days or weeks.

Yea isn't there a run in the comics where Mephisto does exactly what Strange does in this trailer and makes it so everyone forgets hes Spiderman?

Supposedly the rumors of Willem Dafoe returning as Goblin were a lot stronger/more realistic than the Tobey/Garfield rumors, so that's pretty cool that we got the Goblin teaser. Really interested to see how this movie sets up Dr Strange 2 and how much of the Spiderverse is brought in. I also agree with whoever said that I hope we get no confirmation of other Spideys until butts are in seats. I just know that I'm probably not going to see it opening weekend and then I'll have to avoid YouTube and other parts of the internet for days or weeks.

Kind of. Peter Parker makes a deal with Mephisto to save Aunt May who got shot as a result of him revealing his identity during Civil War I. He then talks to Dr. Strange to cast the spell where everyone forgets he's Spider-Man.

What If is really enjoyable.

i think Hiddleston's Loki is one of the greatest characters ever created.

Yeah was up with the little one early this morning and watched Ep 3 which I thought was pretty good. The thing I think most people would agree is weird is some but not all of the MCU actors voicing the characters. So you get Sam Jackson as Nick Fury but then not-Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow and it’s just a bit odd when it hits my ear

Far be it from me to tell Marvel/MouseCo how to deal with finances, but no one's watching to hear Samuel Jackson or *redacted* (no not Bz). I have to imagine Phil LeMarr is significantly cheaper than Jackson and LeMarr would do the job at least as well as Sam L. I'd ditch the live action talent but again, they've got the right to say "scoreboard" to any second guessers. It would also have a benefit of not giving spoilers. Last week seeing Kurt Russell's name in the opening credits gave the end away.

Anyway, for the episode itself, I really enjoyed it. If for no other reason than addressing a thread that's been gnawing at me all along.

Shang Chi is doing quite well once the embargo was lifted - 91% on RT. My go-to reviewers were effusive in their praise. They had common criticisms too (which I won't mention [even though they don't spoil movie details]).

On the other hand, the main story of last week's ep was Chadwick Boseman voicing T'Challa. I'm not a big fan of celebrity voice acting in general, but it makes sense for the MCU. I thought the guy who voiced Steve Rogers was indistinguishable from Chris Evans. The guy who did Drax was pretty good too.

I caught up on a few DC Animated films on HBO Max over the weekend. I watched Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay and Justice League Dark: Apokolips War. Both were pretty good compared to the usual decent but forgettable DC animated film fare. Those films tend to have several celebrity voice actors. Jerry O'Connell, Jason O'Mara, and Rosario Dawson voice Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman respectively. We've gotten to the point where some people who were known for their live-action work may be equally known for their voice work. Then you have people like Tara Strong who are celebrities because of their voice work.

Yeah was up with the little one early this morning and watched Ep 3 which I thought was pretty good. The thing I think most people would agree is weird is some but not all of the MCU actors voicing the characters. So you get Sam Jackson as Nick Fury but then not-Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow and it’s just a bit odd when it hits my ear

i just don't understand what RDJ is doing that he can't spend a few hours in a booth recording 10 min of dialogue.

also, how the fuck do the avengers criss cross the US in mere hours

i just don't understand what RDJ is doing that he can't spend a few hours in a booth recording 10 min of dialogue.

In a plane.

Sure. I don’t see what’s so weird about it.

Sure. I don’t see what’s so weird about it.

In a world of gods, goddesses, manned robot suits, hulk's and more my suspension of disbelief does not extend to the travel experience of those same super heroes.

The Thor site is in New Mexico. I assume Hope’s grave was in San Francisco. If the rest of it was between the two, it makes sense.

It only takes a few hours to fly from one side of the country to another.

Probably more to do with the fact RDJ would command 70% of the budget for his 10 minutes.

Probably more to do with the fact RDJ would command 70% of the budget for his 10 minutes.

dodgson-559385a8b8d2e.jpg

Back