• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Marvel One-Shot "All Hail the King" is on Disney+ in advance of the Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Ring premiere this weekend. Hopefully they'll add the other One-Shots to Disney+ soon. Footage from the Agent Carter one shot was included in the Peggy Carter Marvel Legends episode. The other One-Shots are:

FYI - 2 post credits scenes. Well, a mid credit scene and one after all are done.

My 2 cents, if you're ready to head out, do so after the mid-credit scene and just read about the second one. It seemed unimportant.

Shang Chi was really good, probably Marvel's "prettiest" movie. It was well worth the price of admission. Was it worth COVID? Um... fingers crossed.

Tony Leung is amazing and I've added to my movie to-do list to catch up on as many of his movies as I can.

Last edited:
How crowded was the theater? I don’t think I’m going to see it until Tuesday afternoon.

How crowded was the theater? I don’t think I’m going to see it until Tuesday afternoon.

I'm going to throw a guestimate of 1/3 full, maybe 1/4. This was for a 1pm showing so I'm sure nights will be busier. I thought about waiting for early in the week like you're planning, to let opening day excitement fizzle. That's actually my recommended approach but be wary of spoilers in the meantime.

I would have done a 1:00 showing but there was nothing near me until 4:00.

Shang-Chi did the second best pandemic weekend behind Black Widow. Best Labor Day 4-day ever.

Saw it this afternoon in the earliest showing available where I felt I could social distance. About 40 people spread out so I think it worked.

A few thoughts now. I’m sure I’ll have more later. The only bits that didn’t really work for me where the mandatory origin story bits. We’ve gotten to the point where we don’t need them for Spider-Man or Batman but you’ve got to get through them with Shang-Chi. I liked all the characters a lot. Excellent casting and use of their talents. Nobody was overdone, even Trevor, and everyone was pretty well fleshed out.

I like that the film didn’t use standard superhero tropes. Shang-Chi wasn’t the reluctant hero. Xialing wasn’t quite the vengeful sibling. Wenwu wasn’t the mustache twirling evil laughing standard villain. Razorfist wasn’t dumb muscle.

I was particularly impressed that Katy wasn’t the love interest or damsel in distress. She was the loyal friend. She was way out of her league, but always helpful. I like how she represented the audience but her inclusion never seemed too strange. She wasn’t like Marvin and Wendy hanging with the Superfriends. I did entertain the idea that she was a Ten Rings plant who would turn on Shang-Chi but I’m glad she’ll be around for more MCU.

And I did like how although they did kind of use valets as the butt of a joke, Katy was a very good driver which came in handy.

I’m glad they didn’t cram this world too much into the existing MCU. They acknowledged the blip and it was clear Shang-Chi, Katy, and Xueling didn’t blip. The mid credits just kind of welcomed them into the bigger fight.

The rings were incredible. The effects were outstanding. There were so many creative uses for them and I’m sure there will be more.

Two big announcements from Insomniac Games, makers of Marvel's Spider-Man and Spider-Man: Miles Morales.

I hated the Marvel Zombies comics, I expected to hate the Marvel Zombies episode. I did.

Two big announcements from Insomniac Games, makers of Marvel's Spider-Man and Spider-Man: Miles Morales.

Wrong thread. Seriously though you beat me to it from the video game thread. I also did not bother to link a video.

I hated the Marvel Zombies comics, I expected to hate the Marvel Zombies episode. I did.

yeah, seemed like really low hanging fruit. i don't like zombies as a device in general and this was a boring walk through tropes.

Paul Rudd FTW in whatever, though

kudos so the What If writers for the hope/exploding sharon bit

That was a good bit.

Family enjoyed the episode. I had a little nervous trouble with zombies that could manage complex powers but ultimately I just tried to ignore it and enjoy the ride.

That was a good bit.

Family enjoyed the episode. I had a little nervous trouble with zombies that could manage complex powers but ultimately I just tried to ignore it and enjoy the ride.

some zombies are zombies and some are semi intelligent and some are Thanos

CBM: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (spoilers)

I don’t like zombies or horror in general but I enjoyed the creativity and intensity of this episode. “What If?” has been my 9 year old’s gateway into the MCU. He’s excited every Wednesday. He left after about 8 minutes. He couldn’t handle it. My wife stayed but she was shocked it was on Disney+. Having seen Invincible, it wasn’t nothing to me.

I think each episode of this season could be the first of a two-parter. The reports are that Boseman did two episodes so it could be the second part of eps 2 and 5.

Wrong thread. Seriously though you beat me to it from the video game thread. I also did not bother to link a video.

This is the Comic Book Media thread. It’s the right thread. Movies, TV, video games, comic books, commercials, whatever are fair game.

Love what Insomniac is doing. They gave us a great Peter Parker game and introduced Miles and teased Venom. Then they gave us a great Miles Morales game. Now it looks like we are getting a Peter and Miles team-up game with Venom and Kraven as the main villains. Gotta think that's going to lead to a Venom game.

Last edited:
enjoying Lower Decks S2; getting a little overboard on the fan service, particular for TOS nerds but still feels like an actual star trek show.

gives me hope that someone at CBS cares enough to make Strange New Worlds a good show

I don’t like zombies or horror in general but I enjoyed the creativity and intensity of this episode. “What If?” has been my 9 year old’s gateway into the MCU. He’s excited every Wednesday. He left after about 8 minutes. He couldn’t handle it. My wife stayed but she was shocked it was on Disney+. Having seen Invincible, it wasn’t nothing to me.

I think each episode of this season could be the first of a two-parter. The reports are that Boseman did two episodes so it could be the second part of eps 2 and 5.

This is the Comic Book Media thread. It’s the right thread. Movies, TV, video games, comic books, commercials, whatever are fair game.

Love what Insomniac is doing. They gave us a great Peter Parker game and introduced Miles and teased Venom. Then they gave us a great Miles Morales game. Now it looks like we are getting a Peter and Miles team-up game with Venom and Kraven as the main villains. Gotta think that's going to lead to a Venom game.

Jokes. I get 'em. Seriously though agree about insomniac. Got a ps5 recently and started a new job so... its a little dusty. Miles gives me the stink eye every time I walk by.

I already had the goal of clearing out my work plans before Breath of the Wild 2 comes out. Now I need to look out for these two games too.

There’s a Guardians of the Galaxy game coming out in a few weeks that looks pretty good as well.

enjoying Lower Decks S2; getting a little overboard on the fan service, particular for TOS nerds but still feels like an actual star trek show.

gives me hope that someone at CBS cares enough to make Strange New Worlds a good show

Have you seen this casting announcement yet?

Im really looking forward to seeing Uhura's character fleshed out

Back